4/5/23

Waffle Flower Crafts April Release Blog Hop

Welcome to the Waffle Flower April Release Blog Hop! I’m happy to be hopping with the folks from Waffle Flower to show you all the fun new stuff awaiting you on the Waffle Flower website! Be sure to check out each stop in today’s blog hop for fun, inspiration, and chances to win some of these new release goodies! 


Next on the hop is Amy Rysavy! You can go to Waffle Flower blog for the full list if the blog hop participants.

Giveaways:

For today’s hop, Waffle Flower is giving away $25 gift certificate to THREE lucky winners. You can leave a comment on this blog and along the hop by 11:59pm EST on Sunday April 9th, 2023 for your chances to win. Winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the posts in this blog hop and will be announced on the Waffle Flower Blog on 04/10/2023.

Specials:

From now till April 8th, 2023, all orders placed at waffleflower.com will receive a mysterious gift (No code required!).

For those of you who are new to Waffle Flower, they have a Last Chance section on their website that lists many goodies for 25% off until they are gone! This would be a great place to start your collection! And don’t forget to check out their monthly Flash Sales!


How cute is this background! I used the new Pop-Up Butterflies Panel Die and coordinating Duo-tone Butterfly Stencil Duo to create this background. There are two stencils in the set. You can make each side of the butterfly a different color or add shading to the center of the butterflies like I did on this card. 

I love how the Pop-Up Butterflies Panel Die allows you to pop up your butterflies! 



I added small gold jewels. to the center of the butterflies. The sentiments are stamped with the new Fluttering By Sentiments Stamp Set and die cut with the Fluttering By Matching Die I stamped in Versamark Ink and embossed with gold embossing powder. I lightly splattered gold paint on the background.


Here is my second card I made with the Pop-Up Butterflies Panel Die and the Duo-tone Butterfly Stencil Duo using a different color scheme. After I stenciedl the butterflies I splattered white paint on the background. 


The word friend is die cut with the previously released Oversized Friend Print Die. I die cut the word three times and glued the die cuts together to add more dimension. The smaller sentiment is from the Fluttering By Sentiments Stamp Set.


Next up is a look at the Butterfly Shaker Die and the Butterfly Shaker Coloring Stencil. There are a number of ways to use the Butterfly Shaker Die. Here I cut the larger die directly into the card front and the added a panel of cardstock blended with a lavender behind the cut out. Then I used the smaller die to die cut the stenciled butterfly. 


I used the Pop-Up Butterflies Panel Die to create the background but on this card I did not pop up the butterflies. 


On my next card I used the Butterfly Shaker Die to create a shaker card. I die cut the butterfly frame with the two dies in the set, and then used the larger die to cut a butterfly from acetate and the the stenciled butterfly. I added added foam tape behind the frame to create the shaker. 


I created the background using the Butterfly Shaker Coloring Stencil. The sentiment is also included in the Fluttering By Sentiments Stamp Set.

Thanks for hopping by my blog. You can find the full collection HERE


33 comments:

  1. I love the soft blues of the background and the brighter colors of the shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. I especially love the first card. I just adore the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the cards, but the cloud backgrounds on the popup butterfly cards are truly special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what sweet butterfly cards you have made! I love that you used the butterfly stencil to make some backgrounds, brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol Zedlitz CootsApril 5, 2023 at 9:32 AM

    Love your cards. Really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love those pop up butterflies card and the colors...

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply amazing cards! Love your use of varied color shades to create different effects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, Melody! I especially love your pop up butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the cloud stenciling in the background of the first two! Beautiful shakers too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning! Love the butterflies so much

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these cards!! ♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous color combinations! I love these new products.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your choice of colors on these pretty butterfly cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards! I love the awesome pop-up butterflies cards with their gorgeous color combos! Beautiful butterfly shakers too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the bright fluttering butterflies. The shakers are always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your butterflies are exquisite! Love the shakers, so sweet. That pop up panel is definitely on my wishlist!!! TFS your work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful cards. I especially love the first two using the Pop-up Butterflies Panel Die, my favorite from this fantastic release.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this new release, especially the pop up butterflies.
    Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all your cards. Such soft colors. Thanks for the inspiration. I know that pop up butterflies panel will be on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The clouds are such a great touch! And your butterflies are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous butterfly cards! I loved seeing all of them! My favorite is the one with the three-dimensional butterfly pop-ups made with cool colors, but they are all delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely cards!! Love your colour combinations, especially the blue, green and purple.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are so lovely! I really love the pop up butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  25. GAAAAA! Melody! Where do I start? Your AWESOME color choices for the cards w/ the cover plate of butterflies? Your gorgeous backgrounds? Your cool shaker? IDK! It's all so good. I am just going to put "all things butterfly" in my card and check out after seeing these from you!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  26. Marisela Delgado said: What gorgeous cards! Your cards are always so beautiful. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely cards! Great color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love those pop-up butterflies.
    The color combinations are great.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the pop up butterflies and the muted cloud scenery in the background. Gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful cards, but you've totally sold me on the pop-up butterflies! LOVE those cards!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for the time and effort you've taken to write this blog

    ReplyDelete