10/22/19

Introducing the Taylored Expressions Masking Stencils!

Today I have a exciting new product to share with you from Taylored Expressions in collaboration with Laurie Willison6 x 6 Designer Masking Stencils! There are four stencils, circles, rectangle, ovals and squares.

No more masking with washi tape hoping your lines are straight and your paper doesn’t rip when you remove it. Simply use Pixie Spray or purple tape to adhere the stencil to the back of your cardstock panel - no more ripping!

There are two lines etched into each stencil for perfect alignment of an A2 card base or the layer just inside an A2 size (4” x 5.25”). Takes the guesswork out of centering the mask!

The stencil mask also includes the solid shape that falls out from the middle allowing you to reverse mask or apply two tones of ink to the project.


My first project uses the Masking Stencils - Circles. I attached a piece of Salt Water Taffy Cardstock to the back of the 6 x 6 Circle Stencil with Purple Tape. I created the background in the circle by blending Lime Zest and Peapod Ink for the grass and I used the Set the Scene - Clouds Stencil and Sprinkles Ink to add the clouds. When I pulled the mask off my circle was perfect! 


Next I taped just the circle mask over the background in the circle I had just created. Then I placed the Folk Art Tulip Stencil one the circle mask and the cardstock and stenciled the background on the rest of the card front. I die cut the card front with the Stitched Rectangle Stacklets and matted the card front with the Petite Scallop Rectangle Stacklets. 

I used the Folk Art - Spring Die to added the Birdhouse, bird and flowers to the circle. The sentiment is included in the Folk Art Phrases Stamp Set. I stamped in Versamark Ink and embossed with TE White Embossing Powder. 


Stop by the TE Blog for all the details and more inspiration with the new Masking Stencils! 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - love all of the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! I'm a sucker for anything using the folk art. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete