8/21/24

Poshta Design Autumn Release!

Thanks for stopping by today! I am very excited to be Guest Designing for the Poshta Design Autumn Release!! This is my first experience working with the Poshta Design products and I have to say that I am hooked!! Needlework and sewing were my first hobbies as a teenager. I thoroughly enjoyed creating the projects I will be sharing with you over the next few days. All the new products will be available on Saturday, August 24th at noon ET time.


Today I a sharing a peek of the Jumbo Crayon Die and the Just Write Dies. This dies are perfect for Back to School. I added twine to the back of each item thinking they would be cute to tie on a teacher gift or a child's backpack. 


For the pencil I used five different colors of Poshta Felt, Ink, Sunflower, Barley, Lichen, and Lollipop Felt. I learned a lot on my first two project. I found I liked my stitches best when I did a backstitch. I played around with how my batting I liked to add to give dimension. You do not have to add batting. That is a personal choice. I used three strands of DMC Embroidery Floss to stitch with. The fully assembled pencil measures 2” wide by 4 ⅛” tall.


I chose to add seed beads at the top of the pencil. The beads and sequins I used on my projects today are from the new Keeping Cozy Color Story. I will be giving you a closer look at this Color Story in tomorrow's post. To work with the seed beads you need Collapsible Eye Beading Needles. This was new to me but the needles work great. After experimenting I decided I would use two strands of floss for the beading. 



For the Jumbo Crayon Die I used Glacier and Lagoon Felt. The felt rolls are a 5" x 36" roll of wool felt. The felt is beautiful to work with and works great with the dies. For felt I like to run my die through my die cutting machine twice. 


Here is a closer look at how I attached the sequin with a seed bead in the middle using the Collapsible Eye Beading Needles. The fully assembled crayon measures 2” wide by 4 ⅛” tall.

Stop by the Poshta Design Blog for more details and inspiration. I will be back tomorrow with more projects. Think pumpkins, scarecrows, and pies!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous debut of the new Posha Designs release; your pencil and crayon are adorable!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete