4/13/23

Seahorse Kisses with Spellbinders

Hi All! Today I have three projects to share with you that I created with the new Seahorse Kisses Collection by Dawn from Spellbinders. This collection is inspired by the ocean and its inhabitants, which I am always partial to! 


The collection includes a variety of adorable seahorse images, as well as other ocean-themed designs such as shells, waves, and bubbles.


Let's start by taking a look at the embossing folder I used for all the backgrounds, the Cast Away 3D Embossing Folder. On this card I used the embossing folder with SB Sage Cardstock. Spellbinders recommends spritzing your paper with water before embossing. It definitely makes a difference and is worth the extra step. I also blended sage ink on top of the embossing. 

I cut a circle directly into the card front with the Fluted Classic Circles Etched Dies and used the die again to add added the pale blue circle behind the frame. 


Next I stamped a number of the images from the Seahorse Garden Stamp & Die Set in black ink and colored with Copic Markers. This set has 13 clear stamps that have two sentiments, air bubbles, shells, florals, plants, and a seahorse and coordinating dies. I arranged the stamped image in and around the circle. 

The sentiment is is from the new Seahorse Kisses Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set, a set of three hot foil plates and matching dies to cut.


Next up is a look at the Seahorse Floral Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set. The largest hot foil plate is a beautiful seahorse perched in a bed of floral and seashells. There are three sentiment plates, and all have coordinating thin metal cutting dies.I foiled the Seahorse with gold foil and colored with Copic Markers. I lightly splattered gold paint on the background. 


I used sentiments included in the Seahorse Floral Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set. 


I used the Seahorse Floral Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set again for this card but I kept it simple and easy to create. I used Glacier Cardstock with Cobalt Blue Foil and then used a Copic Marker in B91 to simply add a few highlights. 

I used the Seahorse Garden Stamp & Die Set to add the flowers and greenery and the sentiment is one of the three in the Seahorse Kisses Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set.

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment