3/19/20

More Inspiration for Creating with Quad Colors

Hi Everyone! I hope you are doing well in the crazy world we are living in right now! I am one of those people that has trouble sitting still so I am appreciating my craft room more than ever. Today I have have a few more projects to share using the new Quad Colors collections that are available now at Taylored Expressions.


These color packs help get the color planning part of card making out of the way so you can get creative faster. Each pack has 4 coordinating colors of ink mini cubes and 2 sheets of each color of coordinating cardstock (8 sheets total).


My first card is inspired by the Napa Valley Color Combo. Again these are colors are ones I never would have put together on my own but I love how they all worked together on my card. 


I used the Simply Smitten Stamp Set and the Simple Smitten Dies to create this card. I used the colors in the Napa Valley Quad Combo to inspire the colors of Copic Markers I used to color the images. To create the background I blended the Olive, Raspberry Sorbet, and Sweet Potato Pie Ink with the TE Blender Brushes. 


I used the Stitched Rectangle Stacklets and the Petite Scallop Rectangle Stacklets to die cut the center  of the card. The card front is a panel of Mulled Wine Cardstock stamped with the Buffalo Plaid Background Stamp in Mulled Wine Ink. 



My second card features the SoCal Quad Combo. This combination inspired me to create a plaid pattern with the four inks in the combo and the 1/2" Stripe Stencil Set
 

Once I created the plaid pattern I cut a circle in the center of the card with the Stitched Circle Stacklets. Inside the circle I add a sentiment from the Handlettered - Baby Stamp Set, stamping in Versamark Ink and embossing with TE White Embossing Powder. The front panels are cut with the Stitched Rectangle Stacklets and the Petite Scallop Rectangle Stacklets. 



Around the circle I added a few more embellishments with the All is Bright Additions Stamp and Die Combo, the Little Bits - Rocking Horse, and Bits & Pieces - White Rhinestones. 



Stop by the TE Blog for a look at all the Quad Color Combinations and more inspiration! 

No comments:

Post a Comment