1/31/23

Perk Up with Taylored Expressions

Hi All! Today at  Taylored Expressions we are sharing the first craft kit of 2023, Perk Up! The kit celebrates the love of all things coffee! There are the cutest coffee cups and you are going to love all of the coffee themed sentiments and details! 


Here are my first two cards I created with the new kit. I decided to go with a color scheme of Confetti Cake, Mint Julep, and Toffee. I have say that I like this color scheme! 




I started by creating the background for each card. I used the Perk Up! Stamp & Stencil Combo Set. I stamped in Versamark Ink and then embossed with TE White Embossing Powder. Next I stenciled over the embossed ink. This is a set of three stencils. 

To add a little more detail to the card I die cut a frame with the Frame in Frame 3 Cutting Plate. I die cut two more frames from Sugar Cube Cardstock and glue the three frames together and then inlayed the center panel back into the frame. 


I die cut a square of Sugar Cube card stock with the Stitched Square Stacklets and and added a square of scalloped Toffee Cardstock with the Petite Scallop Square Stacklets. I stamped a sentiment from the Coffee Create Repeat Stamp Set in Blue Raspberry Ink and blended Confetti Cake Ink on the edges of the square. I stamped the coffee beans and steam from the Clearly Crafty Hug in a Mug stamp set. I had stenciled a few extra coffee mugs. I die cut them with the Perk Up! die collection and glued them to the square. 


On my second card I used the larger coffee mug dies, Cup of Joe die collection. To create the larger mug I stamped the Burlap Background Stamp, from my stash, in Versamark Ink and emboss with TE White Embossing Powder. You could use any stamp or stencil to add the look of texture to the mug. Then I blended Confetti Cake and Blue Raspberry Ink. 

To create the second mug I stamped the hearts from the he Clearly Crafty Hug in a Mug stamp set and blended Mint Julep and Cilantro Ink. 


I added a rectangle of Vellum behind the coffee mugs and stamped the steam. The sentiments are included in the Simple Strips - Coffee Stamp Set, available for purchase separately. I die with the Simple Strips - Well Rounded Die. The sentiments are stamped in Versamark Ink on Blue Raspberry Cardstock and then embossed. 


On the inside I added one of the The Insiders – Coffee panels. I just love the idea of these inside panels! 



The Perk Up! Cardmaking Kit retails for $59, is packaged in a zippered pouch with a custom sticker, and includes:

  • Perk Up! Stamp & Stencil Combo set
  • Perk Up! die collection
  • Clearly Crafty Hug in a Mug stamp set
  • Cup of Joe die collection
  • Coffee Create Repeat stamp set
  • The Insiders – Coffee panels
Most kit items are not available to purchase individually.


Limited quantity available

To be notified of new kit releases, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

Thanks for stopping by! Stop by the TE Blog for all the details and more inspiration. 




1 comment:

  1. Awesome designs and colors! LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete