10/12/21

A New Craft. Kit from Taylored Expressions

There is a new craft kit being released at Taylored Expressions today and it is a great opportunity to try something new! If you haven been interested in learning about Gel Printing this kit will be perfect to get you started. The purchase of the kit will include an exclusive class video on YouTube to help you get started. 


Gel printing is a technique that uses a gel printing plate (a soft and sticky plate made out of a polymer material) and a medium, like acrylic paint or dye-based inks, to create artistic prints and patterns. I have to be honest and tell you I had never played with Gel Printing before! The kit includes the paints to mix up a number of colors. On this card I used blue, yellow, and the pearl metallic white. The pearl metallic white adds a really pretty sheen to the paper. 


I added the pattern with the new Make a Dash Stencil and the pearl metallic white paint. Since the background is the star of this card I kept it simple, and added a flowers with the Layer It - Daisy Die and a sentiment from the Simple Strips Background. 





On my second card I used the new Trendy Triangles Stencil and yellow, magenta, and titanium white paint. Once I layered the paint on the gel press I put the stencil on top of the paint and then the paper. I pulled the paper up and then laid a second piece of paper down and pulled up again to get the pattern I used for this card. 


The sentiment is added with the Oh My Word -  Hello Stamp Set and Die. I die cut the card front with the Stitched Rectangle Stacklets and the Petite Scallop Rectangle Stacklets. 



On this card I used the pearl metallic white, yellow, and blue paints to mix the light aqua color. I used the Gathered Greenery Background Stamp and stamped directly on top of the paint, then I lifted up the stamp and laid down the paper to create the center rectangle. I left the paint on the stamp and then stamped on Sugar Cardstock to create the card front. The paint stamps nicely and adds a nice texture to the paper. 


Added the flowers with Picked Posies Stamp Set and Dies, and the flowers are colored with Copic Markers. 



If you love the idea of printing your own patterns in a variety of colors and designs then you’re going to love what you can accomplish with our Gel Press Kit! Gel press printing is a technique that uses a gel printing plate (a soft and sticky plate made out of a polymer material) and a medium, like acrylic paint or dye-based inks, to create artistic prints and patterns. Everything in this project kit was hand-selected by Gel Press expert Lydia Fiedler to get you started creating unique gel press backgrounds for your cards!

The Gel Printing Kit retails for $69 and includes:
One 5″ x 7″ Gel Press Plate
Five 4 oz tubes of acrylic paint (blue, magenta, yellow, pearl metallic white and titanium white)
20 sheets of Gel Printing Paper (5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″)
One 4″ Soft Rubber Speedball Brayer
One 2 oz bottle of gel hand sanitizer (for removing paint residue from the plate)
Hinged tin perfect for storing your Gel Press (7 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ x 1″) 

Once you complete your kit purchase, you will receive an email (separate from your order confirmation email) with a link to the exclusive class video on YouTube. Watch it as often as you like and learn some great gel press printing tips and tricks while discovering inspiration for more designs!

In addition to the Gel Press Kit, we are offering a new background stamp, several new stencil designs, and packages of Gel Printing Paper! You can use the new stamp and stencils with your gel printing or for other paper crafting projects.

Stop by the TE Blog for all the details on the new kit and more inspiration from the design team! 

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards Melody. I love doing gel prints! So much fun! Lovely colors... and I really like the die-cut flower with the backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! I just ordered my kit. Are we able to use standard cardstock? looks like you did in one of them.

    ReplyDelete