11/21/16

Holiday Gift Card Holders

Hi! I am up on the Maya Road Design Team Blog today sharing a couple of projects.  But sure to stop by the blog for lots of inspiration! 
I like to have some small gifts ready to go for those special people in my life that I want to send some holiday cheer and just say thank you. Like my hair stylist who keeps my hair looking great all year! I usually pick up a few gift cards and to make those gift cards a little more special I create a few gift card holders. I have two ideas to share with you. 

First up is a card with a pocket to hold a gift card. I cut patterned paper for the card front and a second pattern paper, shorter in length, to form the pocket. To attached the pocket to the card front I used a double sided tape down each side and across the bottom, leaving the top open to form the pocket. 
I used the Enjoy Coffee Die Bundle to die cut the coffee cup and spoon. I used a corrugated paper to cut the center strip on the cup.


I added a Metal Charm to the center of the cup. I wanted the metal to be a little more gold so I inked the metal with gold pigment ink and embossed with gold embossing powder. The sentiment is cut with the Merry Christmas Steel Dies


For my second project I created a tag to hold the gift card. I covered a tag with patterned paper and formed a pocket like I did on the card. I added an eyelet to the top of the tag and and strung Twine Cording to tie the tag to a package. 


The larger deer is die cut with the So Deer Steel Die from kraft card stock and I added a little glitter to the deer. Then I attached a smaller Oh Deer Resin Charms in Cream. The word "wish" and the star are die cut with the Fanciful Wish Steel Die from gold, glitter card stock. 

Thanks for stopping by! I hope I have inspired you to get creative with gift card holders! 

1 comment: