1/10/23

January New Arrivals from Spellbinders

Hi! Today Spellbinders released their new products for January. I have two projects to share with you that I created with dies from the new Painter’s Garden Collection by Susan Tierney-Cockburn. 


My first card features the Zinnia Etched Dies from the Painter’s Garden Collection by Susan Tierney-Cockburn. Susan really tries to create real looking flowers with all the details! I die cut the flowers from a pale pink cardstock and then blended distress inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Spice Marmalade, Kitsch Flamingo, and Picked Raspberry. Sometimes I like to start with a colored cardstock for ink blending. I find that I do not need to blend as much ink to get the look I am going for. I used Mowed Lawn for the leaves. 


The sentiment is from the Sealed Sentiments Clear Stamp Set. I used the Fluted Classics Circles Etched Dies to die cut the circles. The background is embossed with the Dazzling Dots Embossing Folder. See links below. 


Here's a closer look at the flowers. I finished off with a few Ruby Red Pearls. 


Next up is a look at the Carolina Spice Dies. These flowers are blended with deep red and maroon inks. The oval is die cut with the Elliptical Ovals Etched Dies. 


The sentiment is from the Essential Glimmer Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate and I used gold foil. The background is embossed with the Diamond Plaid Embossing Folder. 


Here is a closer look at the flowers. You can see that each flower has four layers and then I added a red gem to the centers. Once I inked the leaves and the flowers I spritzed the cardstock with water. This helps blend the colors and the water allows you to easily add a little more form to the flowers and leaves. 


Thanks for stopping by today! 



No comments:

Post a Comment