10/19/17

Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights Challenge

I am so excited to be a guest designer for this month's Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights Challenge!




The Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights Challenge is a monthly inspirational challenge based on a Color Trend Inspirational photo that is located on the CLASSroom blog. A random challenge participant will receive a $50 gift certificate to the Ellen Hutson store.  To be eligible, they MUST use Essentials by Ellen products and the photo badge as inspiration. There will be an inlinkz link up on the challenge post where you can submit their projects.


Here is my take on the challenge based on the photo. I used the Essentials by Ellen Modern Christmas Stamp Set and coordinating Modern Christmas Dies


Let's start with the background. I cut a piece of Arches French Bound Cold Press Watercolor Paper for the card front. I used a blending tool to sponge on Distress Ink in Tumble Glass and Broken China. Then I spritzed the paper with water and then splattered on white paint. 


I used inks for Taylored Expressions to stamp the tree and decorations from the Modern Christmas Stamp Set and die cut with the Modern Christmas dies


The holly leaves are from the Ellen Essentials Mistletoe & Holly Stamp Set and die cut with the Mistletoe & Holly Dies. The bow and the sentiment are included in the Modern Christmas Stamp Set. I liked the copper in the inspiration photo so I stamped the leaves, bow, sentiment, and a few of the ornaments in Delicata Celestial Copper Ink and embossed with Hero Arts Copper Embossing Powder.

The hills of snow are die cut with the Pretty Pink Posh Scallop Borders 1 Die and the card is finished off with Pretty Pink Posh Sparking Clear Mix.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you get a chance to play along. Stop by the CLASSroom blog for all the details.

1 comment:

  1. This is a fabulous trio of trees - great color choices!

    ReplyDelete