3/15/16

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Rainbow

Hi Everyone! It's the 15th of March and time for a all new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Rainbow. 

 I hope you get a chance to play along. The LEAD of this challenge will be invited as a Guest Designer in a future challenge.


Here's my take on the challenge, drawing inspiration from watercolors and rainbows!


First I cut a piece of watercolor paper to fit the card front. Next I got out my Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolor Paints and just painted strips in the order of the colors in the Inspiration Photo.

I used the Taylored Expressions' Rainbow Scallop Cutting Plate, perfect for the challenge, to added the background pattern and then attached the watercolored rainbow behind the rainbow pattern.


I stamped one of my favorite sentiments from the Simply Stamped - Sunflowers Stamp Set in white pigment ink and embossed with white embossing powder. I added the clouds and sun with the Little Bits - Sun & Clouds Dies. 

The finishing touch is a scatter of 4mm Clear Droplets from Pretty Pink Posh. 

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you get a change to play along!

  Rainbow  Designers


8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Melody! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Melody, I adore your card!!! The soft watercoloured rainbow behind the rainbow scallop panel is SO stunning and I adore that sentiment too! Beautiful!!!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Melody, I adore your card!!! The soft watercoloured rainbow behind the rainbow scallop panel is SO stunning and I adore that sentiment too! Beautiful!!!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done, Melody! Love the background and pattern overlay! Lovely card and design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the scallop die cut and the rainbow colors behind it, perfect with that sentiment, sun and clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Melody. The scallop background die is amazing with the colorful background... the tiny clouds and sun looks sweet.

    ReplyDelete