10/19/11

Taylored Expression's Blast From the Past October Blog Hop


Welcome to Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past October Blog Hop!! The theme for our October hop is "Trick or Sweet". Create a Halloween themed card or a sweet treat to celebrate an special occasion.

I had to go with Halloween. When my girls were little I loved Halloween. I made all their costumes, sometimes even matching costumes for their American Girl dolls! Well, they are all young adults now but I still like to have a Halloween Treat for them! For my hop project I created a gift bag that will hold some goodies on the 31st!!



I am using the stamp set Hangin' Out - Wicked Wardrobe. I stamped, colored, and paper pieced the witch's dress, bloomers, and hat. Then I cut them out and added dimensional dots to the back of the image. My bag is just a $.50 kraft bag from Michael's and papers from We R Memory Keepers 6x6 Pad - Spookville.




I used the Cloud Border die and sponged distressing ink on the edges of the cloud. Then I added Beetle Black Doodle Twine to hang my clothes from. The final touch is my fence cut with the Spooky Border die. Now all I need to do is add a sweet treat!!




Thanks for hopping on over to my blog today!!

16 comments:

  1. OMG this is so cute and clever!! I love that witch wardrobe... somewhere there's a naked witch! hahaha. Love this one Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great treat bag!!! Love the cloud and fence die!! (=

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this Melody! FAB treat bag! LOVE the clothesline out of twine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this bag Melody! I'm not sure I would even open it to see what's inside... the outside is too awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another enabler! I love this bag! It's the cutest yet and love how you hung the clothes on the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melody! This is an AWESOME looking treat bag!! What a wonderful scene and great use of the dies. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool gift bag! I love all your details and all the different layers of this amazing bag! Just amazing!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous Melody.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, I love, love, love your FABULOUS Halloween gift bag, Melody...how Cute!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the paper piecing, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTE bag! I love those hanging cloths!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OUTSTANDING treat bag! LOVE the twine clothesline and that paper pieced dress---WICKEDLY perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous treat bag! I just love that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved making matching outfits for my girls and their AG dolls. I started when my oldest was 4 and had a Bitty Baby. Now she's 17 and I miss those days. Thanks for the memories. Your gift bag would be perfect to hold a new outfit for any self-respecting American Girl doll (or for a scary Halloween book for those girls who are "too grown up" for all of that anymore.) I hope you've saved everything for when your daughters have daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic gift bag!!! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete