2/23/15

February Ingenious Inking Challenge – Magical MIX-ables

Thanks for stopping by today for MFT's February Ingenious Inking Challenge – Magical MIX-ables. This is another new monthly Challenge! 

As we begin our Ingenious Inking journey, we thought it would be fun to show how our line of MIX-ables can be used to alter our Premium Dye Inks, Pigment Inks, and Hybrid Inks to create new looks and applications. MIX-ables make it easy to add sparkle, shine, and glitz to your projects – subtle or bold – it truly is a bit of crafting magic.


On my first card I am using the MIX-ables Sheer Shimmer Mist.

I started by cutting the hill with Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics from Gumdrop Green Card Stock. Next I cut a panel of Sweet Tooth Card Stock for the front panel and die cut the tree directly into the card front with the Out on a Limb Die-namics. Then I sponged the background with Lemon Chiffon and Lemon Drop Premium Dye Ink.

Next I misted the card front with the MIX-ables Sheer Shimmer Mist and let it dry. In person it adds a lovely shimmer to the card stock.


Behind the leaves I added Gumdrop Green Card Stock stamped with the Burlap Background Stamp with Gumdrop Green Premium Dye Ink and then inlayed the tree trunk.

The sentiment is from the Out On A Limb Stamp Set and cut out with the Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics. The flower is created with the Gerbera Daisy Die-namics from Vellum sponged with Ripe Raspberry Premium Dye Ink.


On the inside I stamped another sentiment from the Out On A Limb Stamp Set .


On my second card I am using the MIX-ables Steel Shimmer Mist.

To create the brick wall I used the Small Brick Wall Stencil, taping down the stencil to a piece of Grey Grout Card Stock adding a thin layer of embossing paste. I let the paste dry completely. Then I created a custom spray with a few drops of Grout Gray Premium Dye Ink Refill, a few drops of MIX-ables Steel Shimmer Mist, and water. I then misted the white embossing paste with the mixture, giving the brick a pale gray shimmer.


The window frame is cut with the Square Frame Die-namics and stamped with the Woodgrain Background Stamp with Wild Cherry Premium Dye Ink on Wild Cherry Card Stock. I added Vellum and Lemon Chiffon Card Stock behind the window, along with a curtain valance cut with the Stitched Oval STAX Die-namics and stamped with the Fine Check Background Stamp.

The sentiment is from the Fall Foliage Stamp Set, stamping Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink on Vellum and embossing with white embossing powder. I also used the Picket Fence, Bicycle, and Fresh Cut Flowers Die-namics.


On the inside I stamped a sentiment from the Blue Skies Ahead Stamp Set. 



Here are the products I used to create my cards:






2 comments: