8/6/13

MFT's August New Product Tour - Mini Album


Hello and thanks for stopping by! The MFT Design Team is taking you on a tour of all the new August products that are available now in the MFT Boutique. You can find all the new products right HERE!

For my project today,  I am showcasing then new Mini Album Torn Notebook STAX Die-namics. Back to school is around the corner so I decide to make a school themed mini album. 


Let's start with the cover. I wanted the album to be sturdy enough that a child could handle it, so each page is mounted on a piece of lightweight chipboard. I like using a lightweight chipboard because I can use my Die-namics with it, and I prefer an album that is not too bulky. 

I will be using the largest die in the Mini Album Torn Notebook STAX Die-namics for each page. To create the background pattern I used the new MPD Collage Backgrounds Stamp Set. I stamped the pattern in the new Whip Cream Pigment Ink, covered it with embossing powder, and heat set the pattern. 


I used the By the Letters Die-namics to spell out "grade", cut from corrugated paper. The number "1" is cut with the Big Numbers Die-namics for chipboard, and then Black Licorice Card Stock, and then I covered the number with a coat of MIX-ables Sheer Sparkle Glitter Glaze

The "st" is from the By the Numbers Stamp Set, and I used the larger die in the Dainty Doily Duo to mount the number. 


Since the album will be a gift I wanted to leave plenty of room to added pictures. Any patterned paper I used is from Graphic 45. 

The sentiment on the left is from the Bold Statements Stamp Set and the heart is cut with the Heart STAX Die-namics. The letters on the right are from the By the Letters Uppercase Die-namics


Here I added a pocket for keepsakes. I machine stitched the pocket to the page and added the border with one of the dies in the new Blueprints 6 Die-namics. The camera stamp and is from the new LLD Document It - Enjoy the Journey Stamp Set and the sentiment is from the DC Behind the Camera Sentiments Stamp Set.


I wanted to have a place to add journaling, so added a few smaller pages, with one of the smaller dies in the Mini Album Torn Notebook STAX Die-namics. I stamped the lines with a stamp from the LLD Journal It - For the Record Stamp Set in Sno Cone Ink and the sentiment with the LLD Journal It - Graph Paper Notes Stamp Set. 

"This Week" is cut with the LLD Accent It - Story Titles Die-namics.



I kept the next pages simple. The sentiment is from the Complimentary Greetings Stamp Set and I used three Die-namics Sets, Accent It - Cute Cameras, Bitty Banners, and Fishtail Flags. The background on the right is stamped with the Distressed Background Blocks Stamp Set in Red Cherry Ink.


On the last page I added a journaling card and sentiment with the Journal It - Top Ten Stamp Set and the Insert It - 3x4 Insert and Accent It - Flags & Tags Die-namics. I added another journaling page and numbers cut with the Die-namics High-Rise Numbers.

I hope you have enjoyed this release as much as I have!

Be sure to head over to the MFT Blog for list of all the designers sharing projects today with all the new products. And when you are ready to start shopping you can find all the new products right HERE!

Here are the products I used to create my album:

 Thanks for all your sweet comments this week! I really appreciate!


Photobucket

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Cool album! I especially like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic album! That will be so fun to fill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH goodness, this is precious! I love all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGod I love this! I am so going to have to KopyKat this one. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, Melody, that album is sooo gorgeous! Love every last beautiful detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous little book Melody...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect school documentary !!!
    Love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredible project Melody!! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete