8/6/13

Color Throwdown News and a Scrapbook Page

I have some fun news to share today. I am lucky enough to be joining the Color Throwdown Design Team!!  I am one of two new members.  Vickie Zimmer and I will be the newbies on the team. I am honored to be joining this talented group of women!

So let's get on with my first official post!  Barbara is the host for this challenge. Here is the color challenge. Makes me wish summer wasn't going by so fast! 



Here is my scrapbook page based on the challenge. The photos are from a family trip to Maui a number of years ago. But I am so happy the trip is finally getting documented!

I used the sketch challenge at Sketchbook 365 for inspiration. I started with a piece of patterned yellow cardstock and white washed to top portion with Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Pickett Fence.


I added the word "Remember" with MFT's Accent It - Story Titles Die-namics.


Here is a closer look at the bottom of the page. First I torn a piece of corrugated paper and sponged on some Distress Ink. Then I cut about a 3" piece of Sno Cone Cardstock and tore just the top, and then brushed on some light molding past. After the molding paste was dry I used a matte finish Mod Podge to adhere the ribbon and netting. 

I cut the flowers with the Hibiscus Die-namics and added buttons to the center. The sentiments on the page from Tropical Sensations Stamp Set. The last touch was to added a few shells and clear dots. 

I hope you get a chance to play along!

You do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge,  just use the closest you have.  Use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD254.  Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!   

Melody Rupple (You are here)
Tammy Hershberger 
Vickie Zimmer  
Wanda Cullen 
Kendra Wietstock – August Guest Designer

Thanks for stopping by!!


Photobucket
Pin It

12 comments:

  1. This turned out so cute. That's the second time in two days that I've seen that netting. Where did you buy it? Love this beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout Melody - congrats on the new DT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the DT spot! I love your layout! So pretty! So much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to have you join us Melody, and to get to see your beautiful scrap booking! This page is beautiful! I love the tropical theme and the torn edges and other accents you added.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yahooo! Congrats Melody! So well deserved! Your layout is beautiful! Love the pretty yellow blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful page, Melody....the challenge colors are perfect for a beach scene!!! I love your pictures and the netting with the shells is such a pretty detail!!!! I am so excited to have you on the CTD team...I will be looking forward to your scrapbook pages each week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super duper congrats!!! I play almost every week... Well every chance I get!!!! Love the CT!!!
    Well done!!!

    Your LO is so beautifully textured & I just love the floral accents!!!
    You did an awesome job w/ the color palette !

    ReplyDelete
  8. You create the prettiest pages, Melody! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout. Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I echo the other gals' sentiments...I'm SO excited to have such a talented scrapbooker on the team! I love all the mixed media and texture you've added to this gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great page! Love all the texture you incorporated into your design and the bold "remember" title over the photos. We're so glad you've joined the Color Throwdown team!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GORGEOUS LAYOUT!!! WOW! Congrats on being named to the Color Throwdown team. So happy to guest with you guys this month.

    ReplyDelete