6/24/13

MFT's June Creative Challenge

The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. This month, we've challenged the design team to create cards, pages, and projects with a masculine theme.

Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all the designers who have a project to share with you today. 



First I have a rather clean and simple card, at least for me! I used the LLD Accent It - Rock and Roll  Die-namics to cut the star, guitar, and flames.

The border is cut with the Chevron Stripes Die-namics. I cut the Chevron border and the flames from light weight chipboard and embossed them with gold embossing powder. (You can see my tutorial on making your own chipboard embellishments here.)


I added Black Glossy Accents to the cover on the guitar and the sentiment is from LLD Document It - Rock On Stamp Set.


On the inside I used sentiments from the LLD Journal It - Playlist Stamp set and the star cutouts are created with the Die-namics Scattered Stars.


My second card used stamps from both the  LLD Journal It - Playlist and the LLD Document It - Rock On Stamp Set. I distressed the edges of the card and added stitching in a heavy weight thread.


I stamped the player in black ink and the embossed it with clear embossing powder. The flames are cut from MFT Card Stock in Banana Split and the I sponged on Lemon Drop and Orange Fizz Inks.


The sentiment on the inside is from the Birthday Sentiments Stamp Set.




Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Incredible cards Melody!!! Loving the gold embossing on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfection, terrific masculine cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK! Melody, these are AMAZING! The gold embossing ROCKS on your first card, and I LOVE the flames on your second card!!! These are fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful cards.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic way to use the embossing powder!! WOW!! Love all the flames too - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo, love the gold enamel flames and the red and yellow flames and I almost wish I still wish I had kids that but then about a nanosecond later I regain my sanity and remember fondly those days. I can happily scrapbook those pages in history. But I do love your cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The brass (gold) is the perfect rocker touch! Love it Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing cards Melody! Love the shimmery gold accents! These cards make me think of your talented musician husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your extra details are incredible, Melody! LOVE the glossy guitar and the gold embossing is just perfect! And then, you scroll down to see those perfectly sponged flames--wowzers! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!!!!!! These are FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My Gosh!! These cards are toooo much fun! I love them both! Made me smile and laugh to myself! Clever and perfect! :-)

    ReplyDelete