3/31/10

A Couple of Challenges

Hi Everyone! It has been a little quiet here this past week. Don't you hate it when life gets in the way of stamping!!!

My card today uses two challenges. The beautiful color scheme comes from Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge, which is a inspiration challenge. I used Inspiration 1. The sketch is based on Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #67.


This is the first time I have had a chance to ink up this pretty Flourishes stamp, from the stamp set From My Garden. I colored with copics and cut it out with my nestibilities. I did some machine stitching around the edges and on the middle panel.

The pretty paper is from Memory Box. I added lace, ribbon, and a bird charm from my stash. The edges are sponged with Tim Holtz distressing ink in Tea Dye.

Thanks for stopping by. My Favorite Things Teasers start on Saturday!!

Melody

10 comments:

  1. Hi Melody
    wow another jaw droppingly gorgeous card.
    your cards are amazing
    back soon hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy eye candy the past weeks. I did a browse thru the cards I've missed. Love all the layers and the fun new stamps! Can't wait to see you on the 13th. It seems so far away! Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh, I like your new stamp, great for this time of year, your card is lovely. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely BREATHTAKING! Love the details with the charm & use of colors! Your work inspires me so much! Hugs girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melody,

    What a gorgeous card!!! I love the little bird charm!!! It gives it just the right finishing touch! Awesome! Oh and I also wanted to thank you for commenting on my blog. :) And yes it's true, I've been stamping since August of last year. It was all SU until I discovered SCS right around the end of last year and it was all downhill from there lol. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty - love the colors and the little bird charm is a great touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean, Melody - what is it with work and commitments?!! I am definitely going to spend some "me time" crafting this weekend! I love your card - so pretty and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a BEAUTIFUL card... I LOVE the bird charm... where did you get that? I also wanted to thank you for your comments on my blog! Always nice to meet another "local!" Hope to see you soon at Ever After!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beutiful card, Melody! Love all the details and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS INSPIRED CARD Melody!!! WOW I love everything about it!!! So glad you joined us for the FTT Challenge!!!

    Happy Easter!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete