5/28/24

Doodle Bug Cardmaking Kit

Hi! I am starting off the week with two cards I created with the new Doodle Bug Cardmaking Kit from Taylored Expressions

The Doodle Birds Kit is $65 packaged in a zippered pouch with a custom sticker. The kit includes:

  • Doodle Birds rubber stamp
  • Doodle Birds Coordinating Dies
  • Doodle Birds Digs rubber stamp
  • Mini Strips - So Tweet


  • The Insiders - Doodle Birds
  • True Colors Doodle Birds Inspiration Cards (set of 4)
Most kit items are not available to purchase individually.



This kit is fun and whimsical and versatile for many different occasions. On my first card I stamped one of the two birdhouses in the Doodle Birds Stamp Set, along with three of birds and the branch and colored with Olo Markers. Then I die cut with the coordinating Doodle Birds Dies. 


For the background I cut a piece of Sugar Cube Cardstock to fit the card front and then used the previously release Cloudy Skies Piercing Plate to add the clouds in the background. I used my TE Blender Brush with Gumball Ink to add the color the the background. The clouds at the top of the card are die cut with the TE's Build a Scene - Rolling Clouds die set.


The sentiments are stamped with the Mini Strips - So Tweet Stamp Set that is included in the kit. 


My next card features the Make Like a Tree die which is available for purchase separately. I die cut the tree from Mint Julep cardstock and then blended Cilantro and Jalapeño Inks. 


To create the background on this card I used the Set the Scene - Clouds Stencil Strips with Salt Water Taffy Ink and the Set the Scene - Grass Stencil Strips with Cilantro Ink. 


I like how the Make Like a Tree die has the extra pieces of the tree that can be popped up with foam squares for added dimension. I nestled the birds in the tree and added a few Tiny Diamonds to the tree. 


Thanks for stopping by today. Stop by the TE Blog for all the details and more inspiration from the Team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment