6/19/18

Feathers In The Wind with Spellbinders

Hi Everyone! I was lucky enough to be sent a couple of Spellbinders Dies to play with recently. I got chance to create a few cards this weekend and today I am going to share a project I created with the Shapeabilities Feathers In the Wind Etched Dies.


The details on the feathers are so pretty. Each feather come in two dies, a detailed feather with a solid cut feather to attached behind it. I cut my feathers from watercolor paper and used distress inks to sponge on the color. I used Squeezed Lemonade, Shabby Shutters, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, and Chipped Sapphire. 


Once I was happy with the colors I misted the feathers with water to let the colors blend together and then splattered gold paint. Once the paint was dry I attached the two layer together. At the top I tied a bow with gold twine and attached the feathers to the card front. I finished off with Metallic Gold Jewels and a gold embossed sentiment. 

You can find the Shapeabilities Feathers In The Wind Etched Dies HERE. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look! 


1 comment:

  1. The colors you've added to these fabulous leaves are stunning! I love the gold splatters. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete