2/22/18

Sending Happy Thoughts Your Way

Hi Everyone! Happy Friday! I got a chance to play with some new Daniel Smith Watercolor paints and the Pretty Pink Posh Pretty Petunias Stamp Set. The pretty spring colors and pretty flowers are sure to send Happy Thoughts!


I started by stamping the flowers, leaves, and the hummingbird on watercolor paper and then embossed with white embossing powder. I am a novice when it comes to watercolor and the embossing really helps keep the color stay inside the lines. The hummingbird is from the popular Hummingbird Thanks Stamp Set. After I watercolored the images I die cut with the Pretty Petunias Coordinating Dies and the Hummingbird Thanks Coordinating Dies


I die cut the background panel with the larger die in the Stitched Notes Dies, and added a light coat of yellow ink with a stencil brush. The sentiment is from the Thoughtful Greetings Stamp Set


The final touch is a few 4mm Clear Droplets, on of my favorites! 

Thanks for taking a look! Have a great weekend. 


3 comments:

  1. This is which Stamp and die set? Not looking like the one I have on my list to go with the hummers I have.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stamps and I love your water coloring. This card is just so pretty. I love hummingbirds and yours is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I've had that hummingbird set on my wishlist, now I'll clearly have to add the petunias. Although I definitely couldn't color them this well!

    ReplyDelete