4/21/14

MFT's April Creative Challenge - Patterned Flowers

Thanks for stopping by for MFT's April Creative Challenge. This month's challenge is to Jazz Up Your Blooms with Pattern.  I have a couple of cards to share with you today. 


My first card is a gift card holder. The background is created with the Chevron Cover-Up Die-namics. The gift card pocket is cut with Gift Card Pocket - Vertical Die-namics from Gray Grout Card Stock. "Hello" is cut with the Happy Hellos Die-namics  and I added a coat of Sheer Sparkle Glitter Glaze. The "friend" sentiment is from the Bitty Banners Stamp Set, stamped in Sweet Tooth Ink and embossed with white embossing powder.


I created my patterned flower by stamping the Typewriter Text Background Stamp on Pink Lemonade Card Stock and then cutting the flower out with the Hybrid Camellia Flower Die-namics. The leaves are cut with the Layered Leaves Die-namics.


 

On the inside I stamped a sentiment from the Birthday Greetings Stamp Set and added a couple of the negatives left from using the  Chevron Cover-Up Die-namics.


On my next card I created my patterned flower with the Botanical Beauty Die-namics, the Textile Backgrounds Stamp Set,  Sweet Tooth Ink, and white embossing powder.


I used Polka Dot Cover-Up Die-namics for the background pattern and the Insert It - InstaFrame Die-namics to frame the sentiment. The sentiment is from the Birthday Greetings Stamp Set.


On the inside I stamped another sentiment from the  Birthday Greetings Stamp Set and accented with a circle created with the Concentric Circles Stencil. 




Here are the products I used on my first card:


Here are the products I used on my second card:

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to stop by the MFT blog for more inspiration. 

Photobucket

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS cards! Your flowers are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are amazing Melody!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful, Melody... don't know which one I like better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - so gorgeous! I love both of these creations - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the big chevron and polka dot dies! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such striking flowers on your beautiful cards, really like the words on the first and the red on the second one jumps right out at you, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eek! The text flowers are my fav but that Polaroid vellum inlay for the font is sheer genius!!! Love!
    God's blessings on your day,
    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melody...I just wanted to pop in and congratulate you for being chosen as the winner for the April challenges at Craft Hoarders Anonymous. We all just fell in love with your beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete