4/18/14

Easter Wishes Canvas

A few months back my good friend, Gloria Stengel, launched her own challenge blog, called Crafters Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. I don't know about you, but I certainly fit the "craft hoarder" description. You know, the oh so pretty paper you can't quite cut into, or those pretty flowers you might never find again! 

Well, I have been wanting to play along so this week I created one last Easter decoration for my house to play along in the challenge. The challenge this week is to Pick A Stamp, Any Stamp!


Here is my Easter canvas. I start by painting a 8 x 8 canvas with gesso and with a pale aqua paint. After the paint dried, I used MFT's Scallops Stencil and a light molding paste to add some texture to the background. Once the molding paste had dried I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and Antique Linen to distress the background.


I went through my stash and just collected flowers, leaves, trinkets, the bird nest and eggs and just started to play until I came up with a combination I liked. The doily in the background is cut with the High Tea Doily Die-namics. and the sentiment is from the Easter Bunny Stamp Set. 

Be sure to stop by the Crafters Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. I can promise you that you will find LOTS of inspiration there!

Photobucket
Pin It

14 comments:

  1. I love this Melody! Just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your canvas is absolutely beautiful. Your color choices just speak to me. Love the way the background turned out! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This canvas is sooooooo yummy! I love the textured background...absolute perfection and then the collaged elements are so perfectly placed and pure eye candy. The stamping is simple and elegant. Such a harmonious composition. Love, love, love! Thanks for sharing your stamping hoard with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #5!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O M G Girl!!! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want one LOL! This is beyond fabulous Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Swoon. . .this is amazing! Love everything about it!! Wowza! Thanks for sharing your style with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh.my.word! That is so beautiful. You are so amazing! And you used the nest! This is so very very pretty! I am in awe of you! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous! I appreciate that you made time to come and join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete




  11. Amazing...love every fabulous detail...Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!








    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful!!! I would love to have it in my home!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melody, this is STUNNING! ABSOLUTELY FREAKIN' STUNNING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowsa!!! This is stunning! I've got some little nests and eggs of my own in my stash. You've inspired me to use them.

    ReplyDelete