2/25/14

Color Throwdown 281 - Our Little Monkey

Thanks for stopping by for Color Throwdown 281! It's Monika's turn this week to host the challenge! She has chosen this beautiful sunset photo to inspire us this week. 

I hope you get a chance to play along for a chance to be next week's Guest Star Stamper!



I decide to use this week's colors to scrap some photos from the fall that have been waiting to make it into the photo album! 


I started by adding a thin layer of paint to the background of my scrapbook page.


At the top I used the Stargaze Stencil to add the stars. I used Light Molding Paste and when the paint was dry I sponged Lemon Drop Ink on the stars and added a little glitter.

I used the Pierced Circle STAX Die-namics to cut the moon and the Little Letters and Little Lowercase Letters Die-namics to add the word "Our". The sentiment is from the Document It - Expand Your View Stamp Set and cut out with the Ticket Tab Die-namics.


"Little Monkey" is cut with the Little Letters and Little Lowercase Letters Die-namics.


On the right side I added a place for journaling with the Insert It - 3x4 Notepad Die-namics. "October" is cut with the Accent It - Months of the Year Die-namics, and "LOVE" with the Accent It - Celebrate Die-namics. 

You do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge,  just use the closest you have.  Use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD281.  Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Barbara Anders 
Nicole Nastali – January Guest Designer

Here are the products I used on my page:

Photobucket
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. I never tire of your fabulous scrapbook pages! Love that you sponged color on the stars and added glitter! I'm just starting to use molding paste on cards and I'm always interested in ways to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun layout! Like the black & white photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning layout, and precious little monkey! Love that the colors really make your black and white pictures pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Halloween layout using these colors! I love your sparkly stars and your little monkey is precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet layout

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Have a great day!

    Hugs

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. What adorable pictures, Melody, and I love your awesome layout!!!! What a great idea to use all the sparkly stars and I love all the diecuts you used!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Love the sparkly star background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT layout, Melody! And a darling little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect page Melody. Love the yellow dimensional stars, the orange words... what an awesome way of using the colors. (PS: Cute pictures!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your LO is awesome. The colours go well for this. I like that you chose black & white photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet layout. I agree with Wanda - I never tire of your fabulous layouts either. They are very inspiring. TFS

    ReplyDelete