7/22/13

MFT's July Creative Challenge - Christmas in July

Welcome to MFT's July Creative Challenge! The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. This month, we've challenged the design team to create cards, pages, and projects with a Christmas in July theme.

Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all the designers who have a project to share with you today. 


For my cards today I used the Gift Card Pocket - Vertical Die-namics. I know I will need gift card holders at the holidays, and a special card adds that extra something to a gift card.

My first card is on the bold, graphic side. I was thinking it would be perfect for one of my teenage nieces or nephews. I stamped the background with the largest dot in the Darling Dots stamp set in Wild Cherry Ink.


The sentiment is from the Gift Card Greetings Stamp Set. I stamped it in Wild Cherry Ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. The little banner is cut with the Mini Pennants Die-namics from glittered paper.

I cut the small dots with the Peek-a-Boo Dots Die-namics.


On the inside I stamped a sentiment from the Clearly Sentimental about Christmas Stamp Set.


My second card is on the more elegant side. For the face of my card I cut a piece of sticky back canvas and used the Mini Chicken Wire Stencil and distress ink to create the background pattern.


The gift card holder is cut from vellum. I used the Star STAX Die-namics to cut the large and small stars from glittered card stock. The gift card is a adhered to a doily cut with the Dainty Doily Die-namics.

The sentiment is also from the Clearly Sentimental about Christmas Stamp Set. I stamped it in embossing ink and heated embossed with Gold Embossing Powder. Then I scattered gold sequins from my stash.


The sentiment on the inside is also from Clearly Sentimental about Christmas Stamp Set, a very handy stamp set to have around for the holidays. 


Here are the products I used on my cards:

Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Melody!!! I just LOVE gift card holders!!! Those gift card greetings I & II were my first ever purchases @ MFT & how I found the site looking for gift card holder dies! Your first bold & graphic card is right up my alley & totally my style !! I will be CASE - ing this for sure!!! Your 2nd card is totally elegant & I love the added vellum !! Gorgeous !!
    ~~Nicole~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These cards are fantastic! Love the Gift card holders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So original and cool, Melody! LOVE that gold star!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, so creative love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both look amazing, Melody! I especially love the misted background on the second card. So very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome gift card holders, Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING Melody! LOVE LOVE LOVE these, and the gold accents are DREAMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards. I especially love the 2nd one. It is so elegant with the gold touches. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun Christmas cards Melody! Love the shimmery stars and all the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete