12/17/12

MFT's December Creative Challenge - Background Building

The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. This month, we were challenged to do some background building using our MFT Stamps and Die-namics.  Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a project to share with you today. 


I used the the Lisa Johnson Distress Diamonds Stamp Set to create my background. I just stamped in black ink on MFT Kraft Card Stock, with Black Licorice Cardstock for my card base, for a masculine look. I added MFT ribbon in Black Licorice and twine. The metal element is from my stash. 


I used the Gift Card Pocket - Vertical Die-namics to create the gift card holder. After cutting out the pocket I stamped the wood grain stamp from the LJD Western Backgrounds and then a sentiment from the Gift Card Greetings Stamp Set.


On the inside I stamped a sentiment from the LJD On the Line Stamp Set.



Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a project to share with you today. 


Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Great card! I think this is would be perfect for your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card great design and fabulous layout. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card Melody inside and out! Love the diamond stamped background! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great masculine card, looks fabulous Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cool masuline gift card pocket. love those distressed diamonds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! I love the colors and the embellishment is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous masculine card, Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melody, I love the key hole! And I love the masculine-ness (I should have just said manliness) of the card design and elements~!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that striking black background!!

    ReplyDelete