12/18/12


It's time for the Baker's Dozen Studio Challenge.  This is a monthly opportunity for us to share what makes our stamping studios hum.  Each month we will have a fun, crafty question so we can share our favorites, some tips and tricks, stamping advice and more.


The theme for December is:

Inpsiration is all around us.  Many of us learned to stamp by CASEing other stampers we admired.  (CASE = Copy and Share Everything)  We want everyone to know that, not only is CASEing perfectly OK, it's actually pretty flattering and a lot of fun!  And it can be especially helpful in the midst of the busy holiday season when it's hard to think straight!  So take some inspiration from your fellow Baker's Dozen Teammates, and show us how you can turn any great inspiration into a fabulous holiday card!


So the team member I am casing is Karen Giron. Karen and so sweet, always helpful and I LOVE Karen's clean, classic and sometimes whimsical stamping style! Her cards always make such a wonderful statement! I love how she uses white on her cards. Frankly white space scares me and clean and simple scares me. But I love the look and feel. 

You can find Karen's card in the TE Gallery right here The TE gallery is a great source of inspiration, full of inspiration and lots of cards to case! 

To turn Karen's card into a Christmas card, I used the Very Merry Stamp Set and the Very Merry Outlines and and Very Merry Scallops Dies. I used Ladybug Doodle Twine to hang the ornaments. The border on the left side is cut with the Small Scallop Border. 

The layout of my card is very similar to Karen's and I did my best to leave the white space! Karen often sews on her cards, like me, so I added some stitching to this card. 


The sentiment is from the stamp set and the papers are from My Mind's Eye Winter Wonderland.

On the inside I stamped a sentiment for the Very Merry stamp set and used the companion die for the word Merry.



Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to visit the other Baker's Dozen Blogs for even more inspiration!


Photobucket
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Hi Melody! I loooooove your card! The way you used the ornaments is just perfect. I also had my eye on that cute card from Karen- it's adorable. Your CASE is fab! Have a good day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job CASEing Karen!! People are going to come to your blog and wonder what happened to the shabby, distressed, vintage Melody! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all gorgeous love the designs. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tooo Adorable Melody!! Love your Christmas take on Karens Darling card! Just Super Lady! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, Melody! White space scares me, too (LOL), but you did a fabulous job CASEing Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melody -- your card is just perfect and I love how you tried so hard to leave some white space. You are such a dear and your skill and ability is just astonishing to me. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic, Melody! I love the white space (just perfect!) and the pop of red and green is amazing. The ornaments are super cute and I love the twine. I was wondering what you'd create - I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! This is fantastic Melody! I love the hanging ornaments and the strong bright colors! PERFECT case of Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO fun Melody! LOVE the card you chose of Karen's and how you turned it into an awesome holiday card with the ornaments!!!

    ReplyDelete