10/5/12

Taylored Expression October Release Spotlight Day


All of the new Taylored Expressions products are now available in the Fresh Out of the Oven Department.
AND
Be sure to check the TE Current Specials page!  As a special offer for World Cardmaking Day, all Card Kits and Project Pantry kits will be 15% off through Saturday.


My project today uses  a new house in Doug Applegates' Adorable Abodes Series, Peppermint Place. Definitely one of my favorites. At the holidays I like to some treat holders ready to go when I need them. The little wood box is from Michaels and I added a coat of ivory paint.


I covered the box with paper from My Mind's Eye All is Bright and sponged Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen around the edges. The image is colored with Copics and I added glitter to the rooftop. The sentiment is from the set.


At the top I tied on ribbon and added to holly leaves cut with one on the dies in the Very Merry Outline Die Set from Taylored Felt in Grass Green. I glued on buttons, lightly coated them with Crystal Effect and sprinkled on glitter.


 Thanks for stopping by. For more inspiration stop by each of the Design Team's Blogs today!

Charmaine Ikach
Jami Sibley - DT Coordinator
Jen Shults
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Melody Rupple
Nancy McKinney - Illustrator
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Shannon White
Shelly Mercado
Stephanie Kraft
Taylor VanBruggen
Wanda Guess

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I love everything about this - especially all the little details like the felt holly and glittered buttons. So many things you can do with a cute little treat box like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous bag.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this bag and the touch of teh buttons across the top and being glittered gives a candy look to go along with the ginger bread house.. Very nice.. Id love to receive this bag.. and it would never be given again.. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute little box, Melody! I love how you did the ribbon with the felt holly leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness this is So Cute Cute Cute!! Anyone would be thrilled to receive this Fabulous treat box! Wowie!! 8-) Love your Wonderful coloring and the Sweet glittered buttons! Just Darling Melody! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete