6/30/11

Taylored Expression July Release - Day 2

PLEASE CLICK HERE OR SCROLL DOWN FOR MY HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM AKA THE MFT LADY POST!  THANKS!!

 July Release At a Glance
  • We have sneak peeks to share Wednesday and Thursday.  All of the new products will be available for purchase on Friday, July 1st at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.
  • Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL GIVEAWAY, on Thursday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.
  • Mystery Baker's Dozen Blog Giveaway: Each day, one lucky blog commenter will be chosen by random draw to win a $10 TE Gift Certificate.  Winners will be chosen from a different Baker's Dozen blog each day and will be announced on Taylor's blog on Release Day!  Be sure to hop around to see all the sneak peeks and leave comments on each and every blog for more chances to win. Limit one comment per blog per day, please.  Comments close Thursday 7/30 at 7pm PST for the drawings.

I am back today with two more sneak peaks to share with you. First up is Hello A la Carte. The stamp is illustrated by Nancy McKinney. 


I stamped "HELLO" with Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa and colored with Copics. I cut the sentiment out  and added a strip of DP to the bottom.

Then I cut four scalloped borders out four different papers using the Medium Scallop Border Die. I staggered the scallops. I added machine stitching, twine, and a button to finish off the card.


I also added a rhinestone the the center of the phone. My papers are My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Life of the Party

My second card features Birds of a Feather, a full sized set that includes 21 images and sentiments. The set is illustrated by Nancy McKinney as part of the Whimsical Wishes line. My card also used the Birds & Branch Taylored Die Set. I am so excited about a branch die! It can be used with the stamp, or on its own, and can be used with many other TE stamps sets.


First I stamped the bird card on my DP in Lady Bug Memento Ink. Then I stamped the branch in Memento Rich Cocoa and used the branch die to cut it out. I cut two birds from red cardstock.

I used the Medium Scallop Die for the border that goes down the side. I added a sentiment from the stamp set, ribbon, stitching, and lace.


I stamped four red flowers with one of the stamps in the set and added red rhinestones to the center of the flowers. Then I glued the birds to each side of the cage. My papers are from Cosmo Cricket Odds & Ends.





Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you'll pop around to all of the  amazing Baker's Dozen blogs and check out all of the sneak peeks with the new stamp sets! All the new products will be available tomorrow at 8 am PST and I will be back to share one more project from the new release!!





23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Melody! I love that new bird die and the card you created with it is perfect :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! The coloring on the Hello card is so awesome and I adore the RED on the newlywed card - SO awesome Melody!
    big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melody! Your cards are fabulous! I especially love the birdcage card! It's just wonderful. Your phone card is great too - love the pretty scallops and your coloring is fab! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh!!! I love the layered scallops in your hello card - how cute! And your bird cage is gorgeous!! Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful cards! Love the scallops, love the birdcage card with those papers! Oh my! They are just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!Love the inspiration from all the DT this morning! Your scallops are fantastic, what a fun card!! And the birdcage card is fabulous, all the design elements and extra finishing touches, I have to say it again, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! Love the layered scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cards!!!!! So elegant and pretty! I love the scallops on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful cards! Love the scallops and bows...and that cute little button!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. both cards are totally sweet & fabulous! such great papers and new stamps!! the bird & branch dies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both so pretty! I love the colors and papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous color combos and the bling center of the phone - blingtastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the birds! So fab. You did a great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Melody,that first card is adorable...love the scallops!! Now about the second card...BEATUTIFUL!!!! I love birds and bird cages and do I ever adore this card...the sketch, the little extras and especially the colors and papers. Into my inspiration file it goes, 'cause I DO plant to get this stamp set and dies. THANKS for sharing. Hugs, Sharon :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards! I especially love the "Hello" card. It's really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all of the layers and scallops on your 'Hello' card! and even more how you stamped your image right on the designer paper on the 2nd card! Gorgeous! Love them both :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the layers on the Hello card. Too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOWZA! What absolutely beautiful cards! Love everything about them!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just have to say, your hello card is my favorite. You are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How AWESOME these are Melody! I LOVE them both, but especially the bling in the center of the phone! CA-ute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Delightful cards Melody! Love all the scallop-y goodness on the first and your newlyweds card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete