6/22/13

The Last Dance

It is a really beautiful day here in San Diego! It been a really tough week at work and I was really looking forward to the weekend. I started my day with a nice, long walk and a little time in my studio. 

I have been playing around with some mixed media products and decide to give Mona's new Mixed Media Color Challenge a try. And who doesn't love pink, black, and silver!


You can find the challenge information right here on the challenge blog.


I started with a 5 x 7 photo of my two youngest daughters. This was taken when Lisa was a Senior in High School and Kayley was a Junior. They were on the high school dance team together. (Love that I am finally getting my favorite photos off my computer and out where I can look at them!)

My patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye. I added a light coat of white paint to the center of page.


This sentiment is from the LLD Document It - Captured Memories Stamp Set and cut out with one of the dies in the Die-namics Layered Label. I scattered sequins I had recently purchased on the page.


I used the MPD Square Motif Stencil and Light Molding Paste to add the pattern to the paper. I love the effect of the molding paste! After the molding paste had dried I added a coat of MIX-ables Sheer Sparkle Glitter Glaze. I am not sure the photo does the glitter glaze justice, it is beautiful in person.


In the bottom corner I added the journaling card with the LLD Journal It - Top Ten Stamp Set and the Die-namics LLD Insert It - 3x4 Insert.

Then I used the Die-namics LLD Accent It - Reel Life to added the reel and stamped a sentiment from LLD Document It - Expand Your View Stamp Set. The sentiment is cut out and layered with the the Fishtail Flags and Fishtail Layers STAX Die-namics.


Here are the supplies I used on my scrapbook page:


Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful first weekend of summer!

Photobucket

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Melody, this LO is absolutely GORGEOUS! I LOVE the Beautiful photo of your daughters and what better way to showcase it than to add all of those Fabulous details! LOVE the molding paste and the spritz of glitter as well as your reel and sentiments! THX for playing with us at A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout Melody! Your daughters are so pretty! I love the painted white washed background and the stenciled detail! The sequins scattered about add such a touch of elegance! Thanks so much for joining along with A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely. That texture paste is gorgeous TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout with lovely photo!!! Love the sequins and pretty stencil pattern...great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome page. Love the way you used the colors. The molding paste design looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete