6/13/11

MFT Design Team Challenge - Playing With Paint

In 2011, MFT is working harder than ever to inspire you, and we have come up with something we think you'll really enjoy. Our Design Team Creative Challenge is a new monthly feature, where we challenge our design team to explore their creative side using a specific theme, product or technique. This month, we've all been challenged to paint! Visit Kim's Blog for a full list of designers that have taken up the challenge!

For the paint challenge I altered a frame using a couple of different types of paint.


This is my finished frame and these are the steps I took to complete the look!


I started with an unfinished frame from Michael's. I lightly sanded the frame and then added a coat of Sealer. After the coat of sealer had dried I painted the frame with black acrylic paint. After the first coat dried I added a second coat.


These are the supplies I used to decorate my chipboard house. The house is from Maya Road. My first step was to apply one coat of Ivory Acrylic Paint to the chipboard. After the paint had dried I applied a fairly thick coat of the crackle Paint. You just let the crackle paint dry and once it starts to crackle you can speed up the process with a hair dryer if you are in a hurry. 


I really love the look of the crackle paint!! I traced the roof on to my DP and cut it out. I added lace and a border cut with the Small Scallop Border die. I used a piece of chipboard for my door and covered it with a piece of DP that I ran through my Cuttlebug. I added a rhinestone for my door knob.

The rest of my details are made with dies, the Sunshine die, the Hearts of Plenty Die, the Pretty Posies Die, and the Fresh Cut Grass die.


I used the Well Worn Greeting Stamp and Die set for my sentiment. I stamped the sentiment and used the oval die to cut it out. Then I used the medium die out my background die in cream cardstock. I coated the cardstock with the Crackle Paint. When it dried I attached the sentiment.






My frame is going on the shelf in my office!! 

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you enjoy all the projects from the team today! 

Melody

11 comments:

  1. Neat page! I love my crackle and like the way you used it on the house and frame! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love your paint elements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful frame!! Love the crackle paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is DARLING! I've never used that paint but you and Christina are going to talk me into it! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo stinkin' sweet. loove that house you created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous! Love the crackle effect and all the embellies.. they are perfect for framing the gorgeous b/w photo of the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I LOVE this Melody! What a great project and such a GORGEOUS pictures! A wonderful keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You DID play with paint! I love it. Great photo! It was so nice to see you last night! Can't wait until our next girls' day out!

    ReplyDelete