1/25/17

Bloom with Maya Road

Hi and thanks for stopping by!  I have a project to share with you today that I created on a Maya Road Wood Pallet. The wood pallets come in a number of different sizes and there are few new sizes being released later this month. I am also giving you a sneak peak at a new die set, Flowers, also releasing soon!


Here I am using the 4" x 4" Wood Pallet. My first step was to add a coat of gesso to the wood and let it dry. Then I simply used distress inks and a blender to add the greens and blues to the wood. Once I was happy is the background color I splattered white paint on the pallet. 


Here's a closer look at the new Flowers Die. I cut each flower twice and layered one on top of the other. I created the centers with the dies and Resin Mini Mums in Turquoise Sea. In the center I added  a Felt Rose.

I die cut the leaves from felt and added a Feathered Friend Resin Embellishments in Buttermilk. The sentiment is included in the Flowers Die Set. I cut it once from cardstock and once from a light weight chipboard and adhered them together for a little more depth. I finished off the pallet with a few clear sequins.

Thanks for stopping by!

Maya Road Supplies:

Flowers Die - Coming Soon

4" x 4" Wood Pallet

Resin Mini Mums in Turquoise Sea

Felt Rose

Feathered Friend Resin Embellishments in Buttermilk


1 comment: