3/26/16

Hello There

Happy Easter and thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog!

I have been in the coloring mood lately. Yesterday I had a little unexpected extra time and I just sat at my desk and colored. I also feel like I have been in a color combo rut! You know, you tend to have your favorite colors you use over and over. So I decided to play along with the Inspired by All the Little Things Challenge. I love the succulents and these are colors rarely use. 

Here's my take on the challenge using Taylored Expressions Simply Succulents Stamp & Die Combo. 


I colored the plants with Copic Markers and die cut them out with the dies in the Simply Succulents Stamp & Die Combo. Next I used the Brick Embossing Folder to build steps to set the plants on. I highlighted the bricks a bit with Copic Markers in E41 and E43 and Distress Ink in Antique Linen.


The sentiment is from the stamp set. The final touch is a few scattered 4mm Clear Droplets from Pretty Pink Posh. 

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Very cool card Melody, I like that you used the brick embossing to make the steps to set the plants on! You did a super job coloring too, the wood looks so real :) Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melody love your beautifully coloured succulents! ! was so happy to see that you played along Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Inspired by All the Little Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gosh, this card is so pretty! Love the placement of the plants and the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful, Melody! Love the rich coloring and background detailing! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring is amazing! Love love LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome-- I have a brick embossing folder from Tim Holtz and LOVE the dimension and background it provides. Perfect backdrop for your gorgeous succulents!

    ReplyDelete