2/13/16

Color Throwdown - Hello

Hi Everyone! Hope you are having a good weekend. I know my blog has been a little quiet this week. One of my daughters is getting married in May and all of sudden my calendar is getting booked! 

It been awhile since I had a chance to play along with the Color Throwdown Challenge. I love all the designers on the team and the challenge is always great inspiration for new color combos!  


Here's my take on the challenge. 


I started by creating my background with watercolor paper and Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, and Mowed Lawn, and then misted with water.

Next I stamped and die cut the flowers and stems with the Brushed Blooms Stamp Set and coordinating   Brushed Blooms Dies.


The sentiment is from Reverse Confetti, the Hello Confetti Cuts. The frame is cut with the Scallop Frames Dies from Pretty Pink Posh, hands down my favorite frame die. The clear sequins are also from Pretty Pink Posh.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. This really is beautiful Melody. I ordered this scalloped rectangle die set and I can't wait to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shadow box effect. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Melody, love your soft background and the scalloped frame to show off the pretty flower :)

    ReplyDelete