1/31/16

Scatter Sunshine

It is a rainy, cold day here today! Perfect day for playing in my studio! I decided to play along with the CAS(E) this Sketch #157 over at the CAS(E) this Sketch Blog


Isn't this a cute sketch! 


I started with a piece of watercolor paper for the card front. I sponged on Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Shabby Shutters, and Mowed Grass, and the spritzed with water to create the background. 


I used dies from Taylored Expressions to create the scene, including the Little Bits - Sun & Clouds, the Cloud Duo, and the Build A Scene - Trees. The sentiment is from the Simply Stamped - Sunflowers Stamp Set.

The sentiment is stamped in a white pigment ink and embossing with white embossing powder and then die cut with the Stitched Banner Stacklets. The final touch was to add machine stitching and a few pretty, clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Melody! I love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so pretty! I love the wonderful scene you created! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delightful little scene and a great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this sweet scene that you have created!! The dies are charming - and your sponging gives it such dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every element of this little card is a charmer! Melody, thanks for playing cards with us this week at CTS!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm back to say congratulations, Melody!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the win - a fabulous card that deserves it!

    ReplyDelete