2/14/14

MFT's February Color Challenge - You Are Amazing

Thanks for stopping by today and Happy Valentine's Day!

I am playing along today with MFT's Color Palette Challenge! The Color Palette Challenge is a new, one month long challenge. This month we are challenged to work with Kraft, Sweet Tooth, Lemon Drop, and Blu Raspberry. I will admit this colors are a little brighter than I usually work with, but I was really happy with my card when it was done!


I started by creating the background pattern with the Stripes Stencil, a sponge dauber, and Blu Raspberry Ink. I placed the stencil on the diagonal. Then I added the border with the Dotted Scallop Border Trio Die-namics.


I used the Treat Pocket Die-namics to cut the little pocket from vellum and added a tag inside the pocket with the Pierced Traditional Tags Die-namics.

The sentiment is from the Simply Fabulous Sayings Stamp Set and cut out with dies from the Blueprints 12 Die-namics. The Sunflower Die-namics is one of very favorite flower dies. I added a Kraft Button to the center of the flower.


On the inside I added another sentiment from the  Simply Fabulous Sayings Stamp Set. 


You have until Wednesday, March 5 at noon EST to add your link and be eligible for the prize of up to $20 in MFT Cash. Winners are chosen at random, so everyone has a chance! The monthly prize is a $15 Gift Voucher to My Favorite Things, but if you use MFT stamps in your project, you’ll receive an extra $5.

Here are the products I used to create my card:

Photobucket
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Melody. I love how you used the pretty colors from the Palette and the design of your card is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore this, Melody! Love the soft sponged stripe background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS! I love all the layers...especially the vellum pocket!

    ReplyDelete