2/11/14

Color Throwdown 279 - Happy Birthday

Thanks for stopping by for Color Throwdown 279! This week is Lori's turn to host the challenge and here is the pretty color combo she has chosen for us to play around with this week.

I hope you get a chance to play along for a chance to be next week's Guest Star Stamper!


Here is my card I have to share for this week.


I started by using the Insert It - InstaFrame Die-namics, cutting the frame from Steel Grey Card Stock. Then I used the Music Sheet Background Stamp to add the music behind the frame.

The birthday sentiment if from the Birthday Greetings Stamp Set and cut out with the Mix & Match Banners Die-namics, and attached with small staples.


The pretty flower is created with the Plentiful Petals Die-namics and Pink Lemonade Card Stock. The vellum accent is cut with the Leaf-Filled Flourish Die-namics.

I added a button in Red Hot and added twine and enamel dots from my stash. Any patterned paper is from Basic Grey.


On the inside I stamped another sentiment from the Birthday Greetings Stamp Set. 

You do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge,  just use the closest you have.  Use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD279.  Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Barbara Anders 
Nicole Nastali – January Guest Designer
Deanna Jean - Guest Star Stamper

Here are the products I used on my page:

Photobucket
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your card for the Throwdown challenge. You really incorporated the colors and I especially love your blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty....your layered flower is gorgeous, Melody, and I love your awesome layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Melody. Love the layered flower and the vellum leaves... the music sheet panel looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the music insert inside of the photo frame and your gorgeous layered flower, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Love that you used vellum for the leafy flourish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Melody! That's such a great dimensional flower and I love it against the musical print paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic colours GF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is just plain awesome, Melody!! The design elements are so beautiful inside & out !!
    I always admire how you do your flowers -- & these are really gorgeous!!
    Hugs!!

    (Apologies for not visiting last week, I was really tired from the flu!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love your card! Really enjoy seeing how you decorate the inside too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete