1/21/13

MFT's January Creative Challenge - Circle STAX

The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. This month, we were challenged to create with our Circle STAX Die-namics.  Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a project to share with you today. 

I have a scrapbook page and a card to share for the challenge. 


This is a picture from a slumber party for Kayley's 16 birthday. They are just being goofy so I wanted to layout to be fun. 

I used the Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX to add the banner on each side of the photo. 


At the top of the page I added a doily using the Die-namics High Tea Party Doily cut from MFT card stock in Whip Cream. Then I added the word sweet using the using the Die-namics By the Letters.


To create the confetti I cut an assortment of circle using the dies in the Die-namics Circle STAX 1 and Die-namics Circle STAX 2. On some of the circles I cut out a whole circle and then ran it through again with a smaller die in the middle to form the rings.

The number 16 is cut out with the Die-namics High-Rise Numbers from corrugated paper. I used the end of a small paint brush dipped in paint to add the smaller dots.


Next up is card that just uses circles an sentiment from Big Greetings Stamp Set.


I cut a card base from MFT Card Stock in Black Licorice. After the cut the card front from MFT Card Stock in Whip Cream, I cut three circle directly into the card from using three different sizes of circle. The I back those circle with patterned paper. The I added different sized circles on top of the card front.

On the yellow patterned circle I stamped dotted circles with a stamp from the DC Lollipop Additions - Love Stamp Set in MFT Ink in Black Licorice. The flower is added with the smallest die in Die-namics Plentiful Petals, the heart with the smallest die in Die-namics Heart STAX. I also added a couple MFT buttons.


On the inside I stamped another sentiment from the Big Greetings Stamp Set.










Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a project to share with you today. 


Photobucket
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. fun ideas on using the circle stax Melody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Melody - These are amazing. If I were a scrapbooker I would totally scrap-lift this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE how you used all those circles, Melody!!! beautiful page and that card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow beautiful layout amazing addition of circles

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and beautiful page, Melody...great pic! Love the circle "confetti" and such a beautiful card!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pages are always gorgeous, Melody. Love the circle accents! Fun card too! I like the mix of added stamp detail, the flower and buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very beautiful projects, Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful projects Melody! Love the fun photos of the girls! All the die cut circles look amazing! What a cheerful mix of patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great balance to your layout! - fun pic!!

    ReplyDelete