9/17/12

Wishing You Happiness

The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. This month, we were challenged to create a card or project with no patterned paper.  Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a project to share with you today. 


So guess what! This challenge was a lot harder than I thought it would be! I guess I have become dependent on my little 6x6 paper pads and all those great small patterns. There were a couple of projects that were trashed before I decided on this card for the challenge. 

I stamped the rose for the Inspired By Flowers Set #2 in Memento Rich Cocoa Ink. I created a frame to go over the rose with circle dies from the Circle STAX 1 and 2 Die-namics. I used a Cuttlebug Folder to had a little texture to the card.


The image is colored with Copics and I sprinkled on a little glitter to the edges of the flower. The sentiment is from the stamp set. I added a flourish up the side that is cut with the Small Leafy Flourish Die-namics. I added a few small rhinestone and a MFT Button. 

I used MFT Cardstock in Kraft, Jellybean Green, and Pink Lemonade and coordinating ribbon and a button in Pink Lemonade. Love the way everything goes together!


On the inside I stamped a sentiment I just love from the Clearly Sentimental about Audrey Hepburn stamp set.




Thanks for stopping by! Be sure stop by the MFT Blog for links to all the designers sharing projects today. I am sure you will be inspired!!

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. This card is so stunning.I love it a lot.
    Greetings
    Felicie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning Melody.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Melody, love the dotted background and that gorgeous rose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Melody.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Melody! This card is beyond breath taking! That rose looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love, love, love the frame - gorgeous design Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melody! What a GORGEOUS Creation! That rose looks like it is popping right off the card! SO stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. It is HARD to make a card without printed paper...torture even! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, Melody! I love how you've shaded the rose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is just GORGEOUS, Melody. You did an amazing job coloring the rose. It looks so texturizrd! You are truly an amazing artist, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete