7/9/12

Christmas in July

The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. This month, we were challenged to kick-start our holiday projects with Christmas in July.  Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers.



I made this set of tags using a variety of Die-namics and sentiments from Clearly Sentimental About Christmas. A great tag can dress up any package and a set of tags makes a great gift!


 I used the Tag, You're It Die-manics for the base of all my tags. This tag uses the Rosette Die-namics and the smaller doily in the Dainty Doily Duo Die-namics. The black circle is cut with one of the dies in the Circle STAX Die-namics.


This tag uses the Christmas Ornaments Die-namics. I used large gold eyelets and gold ribbon at the top of each tag.


On this tag I used the By the Number Die-namics and the holly leaves dies that are part of the Christmas Ornaments Die-namics.


This tag used the Plentiful Petals and Leafy Flourish Die-namics. The center of my flower is cut from MFT felt in Banana Split.



Each tag has a front and a back. The double layer makes the tag a little stronger and you can write a note or who the gift is for on the back.


Next I covered a red paper gift bag with patterned paper.


I used the Simply Scallop Large Border Die-namics, the Dainty Eyelet Border Die-namics, and the By the Letter Uppercase and Lowercase Die-namics the embellish the bottom of the bag. My scallop is cut from MFT felt in Black.











It never to early to start creating for Christmas, right! 

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tags and such a lovely matching gift bag....sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tags. Love the dimension of each one. I like the idea of using the tag, your it die. Great ideas. ksh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these tags and your gift bag. Such wonderful inspiration. Never thought I would be thinking christmas in july.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful! I love the rich colours and fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowser Melody. Those are amazing tags!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them! Esp. the tag with the "25" on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweet, sweet tags! love them all and the adorable gift bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh wowwww Melody,What a wonderful tags and bag.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are GORGEOUS, Melody! Wow! So much detail! (So much WORK!) I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous tags, Melody!! And I love your gift bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the first time I have been to your site and WOW! How professional everything you do looks. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete