4/2/12

Taylored Expressions April Release Day 1


 April Release At a Glance
  • We have sneak peeks to share Monday through Wednesday.  All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, April 5th at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.
  • Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL      Facebook GIVEAWAY, on Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.
  • Mystery Baker's Dozen Blog Giveaway: Each day, one lucky blog commenter      will be chosen by random draw to win a $10 TE Gift Certificate. Winners will be chosen from a different Baker's Dozen blog each day and will be announced on Taylor's      blog on Release Day!  Be sure to hop around to see all the sneak peeks and leave comments on each and every blog for more chances to win. Limit one comment per blog per day, please.  Comments for the drawings close Wednesday 4/4 at 7pm PST.


My first project uses the new Make It Amazing, the Project Panty Kit London Market, and a number of new dies. I started with one  of Taylor's Perfect Package Card Boxes and four wooden knobs. I painted my wooden knobs with Ivory Paint and added Distressing Ink in Vintage Photo. I covered the box in papers for the Project Pantry kit. 


I stamped a flower and sentiment from the Make It Amazing Stamp Set and cut it out with the new Frame It Up 3 Die. The sentiment is mounted on a doily cut with the Meduim Layering Doily Die


My leaves are cut from felt using the Twiggy Branch Die and the two butterflies are cut with the new Elegant Butterflies Dies. I added pearls, Prima Flowers in Sorbet and a Prima Wooden Buttons Songbird.


I cut each of my butterflies out twice from paper in the kit. 





Next I have a project using the new Fruity Friends Stamp Set.  This set features 20 images/sentiments and was concepted by our very own, Wanda Guess! . These stamps will make you smile!! I used the Strawberry Stamp and sentiments to create a small gift. 



My berry is colored with Copics. My papers are from Jillibean Soup 6x6 Pad - Coconut Lime. I added ribbon laced through on of the new Fancy Buckles Die. Fancy Buckles is a die set of five new buckles. My bottom border is cut with the Scalloped Eyelet Border.



Next I made a coordinating tag using the Frame It 1 die as my base, the Layering Doily Small to mount the image on, a large Eyelet and another sentiment from the stamp set. I cut out the jar from the patterned paper. 




Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to stop by all the designers blogs today for lots more inspiration!  I will be back tomorrow with another sneak peek!


  
Photobucket

30 comments:

  1. forget the blog prize, what about that fabulous box you made?! Now that is a prize! LOVE it and your other card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo Melody, you nailed these projects! So absolutely beautiful and inspiring :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such creativity; I love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Berry cute, love those berry cards!
    jenny dot naus at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS, Melody, look at that GORGEOUS box! Wow. . .that is awesome! Your fruity gift is ADORABLE! Love everything you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowww Melody,This is so wonderful.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These gifts are fabulous! Love them both. What a lot of work you put into that box, it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHOA stop the bus!!!!! amazing both projects are jaw droppers...great job..I am in awe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Look at all those details in that gorgeous box! I love the addition of the knobs to the perfect package...absolutely beautiful!

    And your Fruity Friends set is super sweet! Perfect choice on the patterned paper! I love to reach through my screen and eat one of those candies too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH my! Love these projects! New follower ;0)

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable! I can´t stop looking at your projects...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! what a beauty you created with that box and your fruity card is too, too CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous box! And the 'pearl' looking knob is so real looking! Great gift set using Fruity Friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A big Wow out to you on both of these projects - Very cute and beautiful on the box!! -

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy moly! that box is fabulous! I love the card and tag too, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!!! That box is amazing and your card is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such cleaver ideas! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your projects are completely amazing!!! TFS! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great ideas, thank you. The box is gorgeous and I love the paper on your fruity card and tag =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow... what amazing projects!! everything is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!, these projects are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow such amazing projects, Melody!! I am speechless;) They are outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute projects today! Adorable for teachers gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful projects. You are very creative and really talented. Thanks so much for sharing. Im taking some of these idea's home with me.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Melody! That box is OUT of this world STUNNING! Just GORGEOUS! Your FF cards totally makes me smile...I love those little faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What incredible projects you have made. My fav is your box, so many details and the butterfly is just so perfect on there.

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW, WOW, WOW, that box is amazing. love your take on the "fruit" card also.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your butterfly box is beautiful but I am a HUGE fan of this sweet strawberry card and gift - it's smiling expression just makes me so happy when I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am in LOVE with your projects for this post...wow...I'm totally inspired!! :-)

    ReplyDelete