10/10/11

MFT October Creative Challenge


In 2011, MFT is working harder than ever to inspire you, and we have come up with something we think you'll really enjoy. Our Design Team Creative Challenge is a new monthly feature, where we challenge our design team to explore their creative side using a specific theme, product or technique. This month, we're going to "be negative."   Our designers will show you what you can do with the negative space after you cut out your Die-namics, or the other half of patterned paper, cardstock or felt that is leftover when you're done with your Die-namics! Visit Kim's Blog to see exactly what we've been up to, you'll find a full list of designers that have taken up the challenge!


First I stamped the pumpkin from Inspired by Autumn in brown ink, colored the pumpkin with Copics, and add just a little bit of glitter with a glue pen. I cut the pumpkin out and adhered it my patterned paper. Then I used the largest die in the Layered Label Die-namic to cut my hole in the orange paper and then the brown cardstock. 


My papers are from Crate paper. My scalloped border is cut with the Simply Scallop Medium Die and I added twine and a button.


To give my frame dimension I adhered it to the paper using dimensional dot. I also added pearl to the corners. 



On the inside I used the the piece of orange paper the die had cut and added a sentiment from Inspired by Autumn.


Thanks for stopping by today!


Melody

6 comments: