1/10/11

MFT January Design Creative Challenge: Valentines!

In 2011, MFT is working harder than ever to inspire you, and we have come up with something we think you'll really enjoy. Our Design Team Creative Challenge will be a new monthly feature, where we challenge our design team to explore their creative side using a specific theme or product. This month, we asked the team to get creative for Valentine's Day. It's a great occasion to get crafty, and put your supplies to good use. Are you ready to get some ideas for your Valentine's Day gifts? Visit Kim's Blog for a full list of participants to see everything from cards to gift ideas and everything between.

When my kids were little I almost dreaded Valentines Day just because it took so long to get three little girls to sit down and write their names 25 times each on the back of their Valentines! And then of course we had to put them in envelopes and add a piece of candy. That is 75 Valentines!!

And we needed a little something for their teachers! So for the challenge I created a teacher gift. I used the WTG Stamp Set Teacher's Pet. Now you won't necessarily think of this set as a Valentine's stamp, but I just added a rhinestone heart over the apple on the stamp.

I paper pieced her shirt, colored with copics, and sponged the background. I added stitching and the sentiment is computer generated. I used the Die-namic Small Scallop Border die for the border and the Heart Hearts A Plenty Die for my hearts, and added a button tied with twine.

One the inside, I wrote "to the:" and stamp a sentiment from the teacher set.

Next I made a little treat bag to add a sweet treat or maybe a gift card. This was so quick and easy. I used the papers I had left on my desk to cover a kraft lunch bag. I used the Die-namics Hearts A Plenty Die, a Sentiment from Teacher's Pet, and a button tied with twine.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Melody

13 comments:

  1. What a sweet idea to make something for the teacher too. Stunning project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO! I would have CRIED with 75 valentine's!!! I get stressed about 10 or so, of course it is USUALLY 2 days before, I stay up LATE to get them done and SHE FORGETS THEM AT HOME!!!! Grrrrr....

    Melody this is a SUPER cute Teacher set and that RED HEART is SO super smart of you!!! TOTALLY changes the look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, is this ever BEAUTIFUL - and this is some of my most favorite EVER paper. Just stunning Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What teacher wouldn't LOVE this gift?!? I know I would!

    The rhinestone heart is brilliant! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous projects Melody! Love that you used that set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! This is very special, Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous project, Melody. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is AWESOME Melody! LOVE this set!!

    ReplyDelete