9/24/09

A Baby Blessing

I am going to a baby shower for my niece this weekend, and little baby girl! My stamp image is from American Art Stamp, one I had in my stash for a long time, but still love! There are a few sketch challenges I have been wanting to try, you know, never enough time! My layout for my card is based on the sketch challenge at 2 Sketches 4 You.

The DP is a piece of Cosmo Crickett I had been hoarding, but it seemed perfect for a little girl. The image is colored with Copics and the rails of the cradle are done with Gold Spica Pen. I added some machine stitching, lace, ribbon and a charm. The pearls in the corner were white. I used my copics to make them pink.

Thanks for visiting my blog,
Melody

4 comments:

  1. This is such a precious card! Your niece will adore it :) Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Melody -- this is so beautifully sweet! It's the perfect combination of girly and vintage -- I just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card makes me want to have baby now - just so I can have a gorgeous card like this!
    Awesome!
    Thanks for playing along at http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweeter than sweet! love this so much!!

    ReplyDelete