6/21/09

MFT Birthday Card and Gift Card Holder

This week in the MFT My Favorite Challenge Forum we were challenged to make a gift card holder. I had done my card for the sketch challenge, so I decided to make my gift card holder match my card. It will make a nice birthday gift when I need it! I got out my new paper from Yellow Bicycle. Love it! Such fun papers.



Here's my card for this weeks MFT sketch challenge. I used Digital Girl and the "Subject:" sentiment. The Happy Birthday is from Take the Cake. I sewed around the edges. Added rhinestones, and some flower trim from my stash. The floor is drawn in. The dress is pieced.


I love this gift card style and will definitely make it again. The cupcakes is pieced, cut out and popped up. I used my sewing machine to add the edging around the card. The ribbon ties around the card to hold it shut.


Here is the inside of the gift card with a card in the middle and some room to write a note.

Thanks for stopping by,
Melody

Ingredients,
Stamps: MFT Digital Girls, You Take the Cake, It's A Cupcake Kind of Day
Ink: Memento Black, Old Olive
Paper: Little Yellow Bicycle Zinna, Old Oive, Lavender Lace

2 comments:

  1. Too adorable! I love the 3 panels. Beautiful job on the coloring and layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful Melody,l love the papers and colour.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete