12/15/14

MFT's December Creative Challenge - Felt

Thanks for stopping by for MFT's  December  Creative Challenge. For many of us, this is the time of year we crave warmth, comfort, and coziness. What better material to feature with this month’s challenge than felt? Our line of MFT felt coordinates with all of the colors in our extensive Replenishments line so crafting projects with a beautiful complement of papers, buttons, inks, and ribbons is a piece of cake. Make no mistake though, felt will be the star of the show in this collection of inspiring projects!

Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for the list of designers sharing projects. 


My first project is a little felt Christmas ornament. I used the Cozy Mittens Die-namics and Sweet Tooth  felt . MFT Die-namics cut easily through felt. I usually run the felt through my die cutter twice to insure I have a clean cut.

I machine stitched the mittens on with gold thread. I ran a blanket stitch around the mittens and then added a little batting to the inside of the mittens. I hadn't done a blanket stitch for a while so I just did a search and there were lots of tutorial to refresh my memory!


Next up is a gift card holder. I have say that one of my favorite uses for felt is for flowers. Felt flowers are easy to roll and they really keep their shape. I used the Large Hybrid Heirloom Rose Die-namics and Sweet Tooth Felt for the flower and Sour Apple Felt and the Layered Leaves Die-namics for the leaves.


To make the tag with the gift card pocket I first cut two tags with the Stitched Traditional Tags Die-namics for Wild Cherry Felt. On one of the tags I used to Stitched Oval Die-namics to cut the top off. Then I machine stitched the tags together with gold thread.


My last project is a card. I love the texture and warmth the felt gives the card. I used the Jumbo Dot Cover-Up Die-namics and Sno Cone Felt  for the background. The sentiment is from the Friends Like Us Stamp Set, stamped in Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink and embossed with a white embossing powder. The sentiment is stamped on Black Licorice Card Stock and die cut with the Vertical Stitched Strips Die-namics.


The leaves are cut with the Sour Apple Felt and the Layered Leaves Die-namics  and the rose with the Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose Die-namics and Sweet Tooth Felt. The finishing touch is silver thread and a few silver sequins from my stash.


Here are the products I used to create my project: 


2 comments: