10/23/14

MFT's October Organizational Challenge - Buttons and Ribbons


Buttons and ribbons are tools of the trade when it comes to adding those finishing details to our projects and packages but they can quickly overwhelm us in volume and sheer number of color, shape, and size options. This month, our team is sharing how they're able to manage their multitude of trimmings.

You can stop by the MFT Blog for the list of designers sharing their tips this month. 

s

I've have only had my own room with door for my office for about about four years. I appreciate it so much! I really don't like a lot clutter in any room in my house including my office/studio. I really like to be able to put everything away. That doesn't mean my office looks perfect all the time. When I am in the middle of a release I don't clean it for days! 

This storage unit is where I store my ribbon and buttons, along with lots of other odds and ends! I've had the cabinet for the last four years and I have been very happy with my purchase. I ordered it on line from the bestcraftstorage.com. But I have to be honest, it was an investment.  I was really nervous to buy something like this on-line, but I did know a couple of people who had purchased from the company. I do remember that I bought it on sale which is a much better price. It is the Triple Walnut Cabinet with black drawers. 



I bought some of the inserts that fit inside to drawers so I could have different compartments for sorting.  These are also from bestcraftstorage.com.  I store my buttons by color. I have four drawers that house my MFT Buttons. 


I have another drawer that stores odds and ends button I have collected over the years.


I store ribbons by color in the three inch drawers. I have five drawers dedicated to ribbon. Some of the drawers have a few colors in them, like the second drawer in the picture has pinks and greens. 


My MFT Ribbons have their own dedicated drawer.


I also have a drawer that stores different kinds of twines. 

So I thought I would finish off my post with a card that showcases buttons and ribbons. 


I used the Triangle Screen Die-namics to create by background, inlaying a few Sour Apple Card Stock triangles. The sentiment is from the Birthday Greetings Stamp Set. 


To create my ice cream cone I used a die in the Jumbo Banner Day STAX Die-namics and stamped the pattern with the Burlap Background Stamp, stamping Kraft Ink on Kraft Card Stock. Then I added a scoop of ice cream with Pink Lemonade Buttons. I adhered and coated the buttons with Glossy Accents and sprinkled a little glitter on top of the buttons. I added a strip of Sour Apple Ribbon across the center of the card. 


On the inside I stamped another sentiment from the Birthday Greetings Stamp Set. 

Here are the products I used to create my card:

Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is sooooo clever <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome shelving unit Melody. Gorgeous glittery card too - love the sparkly ice cream:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those scrumptious frosted buttons you used melody as ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using the buttons as ice cream, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the drawers. This is def. more practical for me for space I have. Inspires me as I'd like to steal my hubbies "tool" storage to do the same - and give my industrial 'chic' look to my room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an awesome cabinet, Melody -- I hadn't seen that before! Great organization!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too made an investment with the Best Craft organizers and never regret it for a moment. I's the ultimate organizer. I love that you can design your own with drawer sizes and paper trays. I can fit so much in a small footprint. I have added pieces over time. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an adorable card! I wish I was better about organizing things.. Maybe these posts will help me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how the cabinet looks. And it seems like it stores a lot! Those sugared buttons are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this cabinet. And what a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete