7/21/14

MFT's July Creative Challenge - Improving on Pattern Perfection

Thanks for stopping by for MFT's July Creative Challenge. This month's challenge is Improving on Pattern Perfection. Classic patterns never go out of style, but thanks to the plethora of designs we offer, your projects will never feel dated. Join our designers as they inspire you with trendy and innovative projects centered on the pinnacle of patterns: the time-honored stripe.

I have two cards to share with you today. 


My first card uses the Diagonal Stripes Background Stamp. I stamped in Versamark Ink and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. Then I used a sponged and four MFT Premium Dye Inks, Sno Cone, Berrylicious, Grape Jelly, and Nightshift Blue to apply the shades of colors.


I used the TRANSFORM-ables Smile Die-namics to create the frame with the smile sentiment. I added a doily in the corner with the Mini Doily Circles Die-namics. The sentiment is from the Smile Stamp Set and cut out with the Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics. Behind the frame a added a piece of MFT Vellum

The flower embellishment is put together with the Plentiful Petals and Fancy Flourish Die-namics. 


On the inside I stamped a sentiment from the Birthday Greetings Stamp Set.


My next card has a much more masculine feeling card. Here is used the Stripes Stencil and black embossing paste to added the striped pattern. Then I added a strip of gold glittered card stock with the Horizontal Stitched Strips Die-namics.




The guitar and the star are created with dies in the Accent It - Rock and Roll Die-namics and the circles are cut with the Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics. 


The sentiment is from the Journal It - Playlist Stamp Set. I added the stripes to the inside with the Stripes Cover-Up Die-namics.


Here are the products I used to create my card:




Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to stop by the MFT blog for more inspiration. 

Photobucket

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Pretty cards! I love the glittered star on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty cards! I have to say I am in love with the bottom one. SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! The gold on the second and the fabulous colours on the first! These are both stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! You've used beautiful colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty, both of them, Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Melody! Love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! They are both amazing, but I love the first and how you did the background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards, Melody! Love the first cards color combo and it totally makes me SMILE. The second card is super cool and I love the gold accent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Both are wonderful! Love the colors, background design, and details on the first. I am impressed with the black paste on the second and gold accenting. Great designs, Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colore on 'You make me smile' are amazing!!! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete