2/4/14

Color Throwdown Challenge 278

Thanks for stopping by for Color Throwdown 278! This week is Joan's turn to host the challenge and here is the Valentine inspired photo she chose for us to work with this week. 

I hope you get a chance to play along for a chance to be next week's Guest Star Stamper!



Today I have a 8 1/2 x 11 scrapbook page to share, using the colors for a birthday inspired page. 



I started by using the Graduated Hearts Stencil and Pink Lemonade Ink to add the subtle heart pattern to the background. I also added machine stitching to the outside edge of the page. 


I added the balloons at the top of the page with the Heart Balloons Stamp Set and the Heart Balloon Die-namics. I used twine to add the strings to the balloon. The enamel dots are from my stash.


"Happy" is cut from corrugated paper with the Accent It - Celebrate Die-namics. To create the rest of the sentiment I used the Lots of Love Die-namics for cut the word love, the By the Letters Die-namics for the u and at, and the High Rise Numbers Die-namics for the number 16. 

To add the pattern to the number 16 I used the Concentric Circles Stencils and Red Hot Ink. The 16 is adhered to a circle cut with the Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics. 

You do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge,  just use the closest you have.  Use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD278.  Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Barbara Anders 
Nicole Nastali – January Guest Designer
Heather North - Guest Star Stamper

Here are the products I used on my page:

Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Melody!! I love that you brought the green in just a touch with the enamel dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty page Melody. Love the balloons, the stitching, the candy dots... so SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely precious, Melody...what a gorgeous picture and your page showcases is beautifully!!!! The heart stenciled background looks awesome and I love how you created the sentiment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, Melody! A gorgeous page for a gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a talent for arranging collage elements! This page is simply amazing! I've browsed through all your recent MFT creations and they are all WOW, wow, wow as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this layout. Is that beautiful young lady your daughter? Such a special page for a special milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I 'love' this!!:) the meandering stitch around the edge is really special

    ReplyDelete