10/26/13

Fall Decorating

Hi and thanks for stopping by! You can definitely feel fall in the air here in San Diego. I got all my Fall decorations down this weekend and have been having fun doing a little holiday decorating. All the decorating got me in the mood to make something new! 


I decide to play along with this week's "Fall Floral" Challenge over the the Shabby Tea Room. This is the inspiration photo and we are further challenged to use fall flowers. 


And here is the project I come up with!

I started with an 8 x 8 Shadow Box Frame and a 8 x 8 stretched burlap that I had pick up at a craft store.

I the stamped image and the sentiment is from the Inspired by the Front Porch - Fall Stamp Set. It is colored with a combination of Copic Markers and Prism Colored Pencils. I added a lace doily behind the image and started adding flowers, sequins, and metal embellishment from my stash.


The flourish is cut with the Large Leafy Flourish Die-namics and the flowers with the Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose and Sunflower Die-namics. The roses are cut from MFT Felt in Wild Cherry

I am pretty happy with how it turned out! It is already hanging on a wall. 

Here are the MFT products I used on my project:





Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Very fun and will be a beautiful addition to your Fall decorating each year! I love the burlap canvas. I've been seeing this at craft stores around town too, but have yet to pick one up. I may just have to run to the store today, as you have inspired me to give one a try too! Thanks for playing along in The Shabby Tea room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how GREAT an idea to wrap the canvas w burlap; thanx for the inspiration! this is a beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous creation, Melody! Such a pretty scene and very beautiful fall flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just wonderful! I love the way you used the burlap and the mixed media flowers are fab too! What a perfect backdrop and anchors for your darling image :) Thanks so much for joining us at The Shabby tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful! wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous, Melody! Definitely something to be enjoyed for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just STUNNING Melody! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Melody! Lovin' all the gorgeous blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful - love the burlap & doily together - so many wonderful textures in this piece!

    ReplyDelete