11/26/12

MFT November Creative Challenge


The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. This month, we were challenged to create Holiday Home Decor using our MFT Stamps and Die-namics.  Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a project to share with you today. 


I had picked up an unfinished wooden sleigh at Michael's a couple of months ago. I wanted to embellish it to used to hold Christmas Cards and other little items I might want to save from the holidays.


This is what the sleigh looked like before I started. I sanded it lightly and added a coat Gesso on the parts that I planned on painting. After the Gesso dried I added two coats of the red paint.


Then I traced around the parts of the sleigh I wanted to cover with paper. 


I used the Poinsettia Die-namics to create my flowers. They are cut from MFT Wild Cherry cardstock and I lightly brushed on some red Stickles and added pearls to the center of my flower. The leaves are cut from Jellybean Green cardstock and felt

The roses are cut with the Royal Rose Die-namics from MFT Felt in Whip Cream. 


I used the Large Leafy Flourish Die-namics to add the flourishes to each end of the sleigh. The I added some small pine cones, berries, and metal flowers from my stash.


I used one of the Triple Scallops Border Die-namics for the border on the edges of the sleigh. 


I covered the ends are portions of the inside of the sleigh with paper.


Inside I used a sentiment from Seasonal Sentiments and the Clearly Sentimental Label Die-namics.







Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a project to share with you today. 
Photobucket
Pin It

19 comments:

  1. WOW I love this it's so gorgeous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very talented lady!! This is soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS! Oh, the work you've put into this is just fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a nice find....and now it looks GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sleigh is exquisite Melody!!! It's perfectly decorated with a mix of poinsettias and other flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! Bring it on Thrusday so I can drool in person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The details on all the flowers is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE how you decorated your sleigh! The flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Melody, what a stunning sleigh! I'm lovin' all the beautiful foliage! What a gorgeous piece of home decor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous project. Love the papers and poinsettias. Great job. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melody, this is stunning!!! I love it! You decorated it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally cute and gorgeous decorated sleigh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melody,

    This project is just gorgeous! All of your work is beautiful, but this "off the page" project is just wonderful!

    I hope I can see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning!! I will have new eyes next time I see an unfinished piece of wood. Love all the different flowers you used to embellish the sleigh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super super gorgeous...absolutely LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete